What is Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F infection?
In this short article you will locate about the interpretation of Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F and its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on-line scams to require paying the ransom by a target.
Most of the cases, Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F infection will certainly advise its sufferers to initiate funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers located on the target’s hard disk — so the victim can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal networks through which Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a source that hosts a harmful software program;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or protect against the device from operating in a correct manner – while likewise placing a ransom note that mentions the need for the targets to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the files or restoring the file system back to the preliminary condition. In many instances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F distribution channels.
In different edges of the globe, Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F expands by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary depending upon certain regional (local) setups. The ransom notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending on particular regional (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software application.
In certain areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s tool. The alert then requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited content.
In countries where software program piracy is less popular, this method is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F popup alert might wrongly declare to be originating from a law enforcement establishment and will report having situated child pornography or other illegal information on the device.
Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F popup alert may falsely claim to be obtaining from a law enforcement institution as well as will certainly report having located youngster pornography or various other illegal data on the device. The alert will similarly contain a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 8302BC38md5: 2045ea47e45a5dbec997369ebb674131name: 2045EA47E45A5DBEC997369EBB674131.mlwsha1: fef4fa97645eb2378451800a1b966ee1413a98f8sha256: 8122cfd49ae01ddfdae52095b03d23fa8417ad5098be1fe888c6a826531e02b8sha512: 7488d5bf3696efc2d3e3fdbe09d59219025d882fc86fcc8d8d4bb16c0fffe80f4f2c79e38c5b4577688d2915aa9c41713912aad69a7345ed1913aab7c80d4636ssdeep: 1536:P29osBIlbqQpr1D/7eHTxZLUT5Wz0vkzsG8GEt4BZ8f:P29IlbqQ3eXUlW4k4tYGftype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.YNE|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/EncPk-AHQ|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/Tobfy.F you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)