What is Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB infection?
In this article you will discover regarding the definition of Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB as well as its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by online frauds to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB infection will advise its sufferers to initiate funds move for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s device.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Crashed cuckoomon during analysis. Report this error to the Github repo.;
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records situated on the target’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no more use the information;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal channels where Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of customer winding up on a source that organizes a malicious software;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the information on the target’s PC or prevent the tool from operating in an appropriate way – while also placing a ransom money note that points out the requirement for the sufferers to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the files or restoring the file system back to the preliminary problem. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the globe, Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB expands by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money amount may differ depending upon particular local (regional) settings. The ransom notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending on specific regional (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software application.
In certain areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s tool. The sharp then requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning unlawful web content.
In countries where software piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB popup alert may falsely claim to be stemming from a police institution as well as will report having situated youngster porn or various other prohibited information on the tool.
Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB popup alert may falsely declare to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement organization and will report having located child pornography or various other prohibited data on the device. The alert will likewise consist of a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 9E33BB3Dmd5: 835f242dde220cc76ee5544119562268name: 835F242DDE220CC76EE5544119562268.mlwsha1: 8118474606a68c03581eef85a05a90275aa1ec24sha256: dc6b0e8c1e9c113f0364e1c8370060dee3fcbe25b667ddeca7623a95cd21411fsha512: 4fadf14fd5d1ef5948477185e4d2a8a00414f63c7db8fc440c7b28c8f288e29df4447f2a9cf61b2778c8af1d68261c9ff5bebd4c36d69b33715e66f06acb2539ssdeep: 24576:gJdzXxcwKjqd7kHeSyG/z35JCxvKtl9dfkV:KYg7aBgw9dfkVtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB also known as:
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HKRZ|
|MAX||malware (ai score=83)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/Revil.STB you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)