What is Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA infection?
In this post you will discover about the meaning of Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA and its unfavorable effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by online fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA virus will certainly instruct its sufferers to launch funds transfer for the objective of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the victim’s gadget.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to stop active services;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records located on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing routine access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels whereby Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a consequence of customer ending up on a resource that organizes a malicious software application;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or avoid the device from operating in a proper manner – while additionally positioning a ransom note that mentions the need for the targets to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or restoring the documents system back to the first problem. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA circulation networks.
In numerous edges of the world, Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA expands by jumps as well as bounds. However, the ransom notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on particular regional (regional) setups. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom amount may vary depending on particular local (local) setups.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software program.
In particular areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having discovered some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s gadget. The alert after that requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about prohibited content.
In countries where software application piracy is less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA popup alert may incorrectly assert to be originating from a law enforcement organization and also will report having situated kid pornography or other illegal data on the device.
Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA popup alert might incorrectly claim to be deriving from a legislation enforcement establishment and will report having located kid porn or various other illegal information on the gadget. The alert will likewise include a demand for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 14B7AAE0md5: 8535397007ecb56d666b666c3592c26dname: 8535397007ECB56D666B666C3592C26D.mlwsha1: 0912b7cecfbe82d6903a8a0dc421c285480e5caasha256: aae6e388e774180bc3eb96dad5d5bfefd63d0eb7124d68b6991701936801f1c7sha512: 0445eba81e437d2ac04c8a30c71dc7869c4cab5dfaec91ceaa3517ebd084b67cf78328c13ecdad80396e5032e5219f242d038a7e6a07648bf865491cf33098c2ssdeep: 24576:DvizXxcwKjqd7kHeSyG/z35JCxPKkcIQZfa:0Yg7aBgskXKfatype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA also known as:
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 99)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HKRZ|
|MAX||malware (ai score=86)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/Revil.STA you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)