What is Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S infection?
In this short article you will certainly locate about the interpretation of Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S and its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by online frauds to require paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the situations, Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S ransomware will certainly instruct its victims to start funds move for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (13 unique times);
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records situated on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the victim can no longer use the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular channels through which Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As an effect of individual winding up on a source that organizes a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the data on the target’s PC or protect against the tool from working in a proper fashion – while also positioning a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the victims to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the files or bring back the data system back to the preliminary problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S distribution channels.
In different corners of the globe, Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S expands by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom quantity might differ relying on certain regional (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom quantity may vary depending on specific neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s device. The alert after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about illegal material.
In countries where software program piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S popup alert might incorrectly declare to be originating from a law enforcement organization as well as will report having located kid porn or other prohibited data on the gadget.
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S popup alert might wrongly assert to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement organization and will report having situated youngster pornography or other prohibited data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way have a demand for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 1C86970Bmd5: 057986dfd9217e9eec167bee31dd5be8name: 057986DFD9217E9EEC167BEE31DD5BE8.mlwsha1: cdbe8b3d4fa3030cc34cfa28d79059181a0b1b46sha256: 3e5e9c5e829ae72962717084a6075b5b4cd3b6722f2e6581da7974b26d68114dsha512: d60054d21d8d4e4612203197f6ad287ead4a819b86c643babdd3d195bb1bf49016a7ae29d8587fcf8e7c1f99b8c4b9fdc16cdacb91cc04d81f5fe412e4defeb0ssdeep: 6144:n3l9JBvc6ssU3Elo5vE9B7OMTsghpAnfOZrb8vYXBlYAoF1F0pa5j:3l9/vc6sBso+7OUEnfLsBJoFEpkjtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, PECompact2 compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/LockScreen.VP|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.S you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)