What is Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG infection?
In this article you will find about the meaning of Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG as well as its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG infection will advise its targets to initiate funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents found on the victim’s hard drive — so the target can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common channels through which Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of user ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or avoid the gadget from operating in a correct manner – while additionally placing a ransom note that points out the requirement for the targets to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the papers or recovering the file system back to the first problem. In many instances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the globe, Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG grows by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity might vary depending on specific local (local) setups. The ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money amount might vary depending on particular local (regional) settings.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software application.
In certain locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s device. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about prohibited content.
In countries where software piracy is less popular, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG popup alert might incorrectly claim to be originating from a law enforcement organization and will report having situated kid porn or various other unlawful data on the tool.
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG popup alert may wrongly assert to be deriving from a regulation enforcement establishment and will certainly report having located child pornography or various other prohibited information on the device. The alert will similarly consist of a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 3F0715D2md5: eb59decf80ade7ffba3df74949903612name: EB59DECF80ADE7FFBA3DF74949903612.mlwsha1: 514f57ea512985c2217ceb8ace75fa6e4ac5b311sha256: 6591f6d50fa3865d87e25b43454debe0fbd42b5d4aa1653c184f2ccd49fa36c8sha512: d297c9c0af6580620d3dc48187fb410e006addf06cd208a69cc5e9698d2140296087a973f21a4e7357d0891dc54a35264f57c8acc09518e6f8242096f07350b2ssdeep: 3072:gshRlqCjrTnl3zMGAQTFNO20+3B+jZDvVFW8:pRXB3z93F42rB2FWtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: testAssembly Version: 184.108.40.206InternalName: sysdriver.exeFileVersion: 220.127.116.11CompanyName: ololoLegalTrademarks: OlIGComments: sexProductName: fuckProductVersion: 18.104.22.168FileDescription: GettypeOriginalFilename: sysdriver.exe
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 99)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/LockScreen.Y|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.CG you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)