What is Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP infection?
In this short article you will locate regarding the definition of Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP and also its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the instances, Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP infection will advise its victims to start funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- Crashed cuckoomon during analysis. Report this error to the Github repo.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files located on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the information;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common channels whereby Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of customer winding up on a source that holds a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the device from operating in a proper fashion – while likewise putting a ransom money note that states the requirement for the victims to impact the settlement for the objective of decrypting the papers or restoring the documents system back to the first problem. In most instances, the ransom note will show up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has already been harmed.
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP circulation networks.
In numerous corners of the world, Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP expands by leaps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ depending on certain regional (regional) settings. The ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on particular local (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software application.
In certain areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s tool. The alert after that requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal web content.
In countries where software piracy is less preferred, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP popup alert might falsely claim to be stemming from a law enforcement organization as well as will certainly report having located kid porn or other unlawful data on the tool.
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP popup alert might incorrectly declare to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement organization as well as will certainly report having located youngster pornography or other prohibited data on the device. The alert will in a similar way have a need for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: B1CA431Emd5: 05d76ca2580a14f3b8d0e09c76e9896ename: 05D76CA2580A14F3B8D0E09C76E9896E.mlwsha1: 9476e9de5df941fbcb39f79fe208880fe6fdaa9esha256: 55b88fb34722dbe65997f5c0666c7a0d887a30b531331220e4e846fa6336eb09sha512: 63744c5bd55bfeaf6132d17426c76d4d2a1cf020a06223e7e83899629c9f15d819c5da248f5089af945396745b3963d43f9017ca2b99d202d19b76a798845eabssdeep: 3072:J53RqEEKbb0oKJ/9ZuzjP2aFzlz37JkbafbkpUCuWDsxcf3dVmO:J5Bqq0oC6GOb0U/xcftVtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 Patty Eta 2003-2005InternalName: PegsFileVersion: 188.8.131.52CompanyName: Kate LarksProductName: MorphProductVersion: 184.108.40.206FileDescription: Raven Chic ShylyOriginalFilename: Fixed.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.PEJ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BP you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)