What is Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI infection?
In this article you will discover regarding the definition of Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI and its unfavorable influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by online scams to require paying the ransom money by a target.
In the majority of the instances, Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI infection will advise its victims to start funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s gadget.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to restart the guest VM;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the papers found on the victim’s hard disk — so the victim can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the target’s workstation;
The most regular channels where Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a source that organizes a malicious software program;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the information on the target’s PC or stop the tool from working in a proper fashion – while also placing a ransom note that points out the requirement for the targets to effect the settlement for the function of decrypting the documents or restoring the data system back to the initial problem. In most circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI circulation channels.
In various edges of the world, Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI expands by jumps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes and tricks of extorting the ransom money amount may vary relying on certain regional (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and tricks of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending on particular regional (local) setups.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software application.
In specific locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s tool. The alert then requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding prohibited material.
In countries where software application piracy is much less popular, this method is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI popup alert may wrongly assert to be originating from a law enforcement establishment and also will report having situated child porn or other illegal information on the gadget.
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI popup alert might wrongly claim to be obtaining from a law enforcement establishment and will report having situated youngster porn or other prohibited data on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way include a requirement for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 84AFFB07md5: 7694242db9b98097572885f4e6cd403cname: 7694242DB9B98097572885F4E6CD403C.mlwsha1: ce29b4eb709cd9fa9aa7dc18db2796d2745b2ae3sha256: 0b8680fc2e53d2e138d31a87dd03d6835b3360199220e7c9a6007a301ac10fe4sha512: f5e2ff58716b0fa96b941709772a95314221b7ef6f57302b33c9ed25f97dcf73ea9ccefcdd9ad2d90d4eebfad5571ee8cecae5bfa9dab24ca57a380a854174f4ssdeep: 3072:8w2NoOvA5Prm0jK9995999qQEGmYHqLIAavG7ZOFhMXBRHjoXTnqwpFRYh7dTgF:L2NzfE9YHqLI1+Zdelp47yFq3Xitype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0409 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Lafayette Appalachia Darius MyraInternalName: jxsfFileVersion: 2.02.0002CompanyName: Maya Lubbock Burma Rhenish Oldenburg LinotypeProductName: Larsen Jed Wellesley AbidjanProductVersion: 2.02.0002FileDescription: Michigan Casanova Cobb Ike BarstowOriginalFilename: jxsf.exe
Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/VBCheMan-C|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/LockScreen.BI you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)