What is Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC infection?
In this post you will certainly locate about the definition of Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC as well as its unfavorable effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the instances, Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC ransomware will certainly advise its victims to start funds move for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s device.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to restart the guest VM;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents situated on the target’s disk drive — so the target can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
The most common channels through which Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of customer winding up on a resource that hosts a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or stop the device from operating in a proper fashion – while also placing a ransom note that mentions the requirement for the victims to impact the payment for the purpose of decrypting the records or recovering the documents system back to the initial problem. In most instances, the ransom money note will turn up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has already been harmed.
Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC distribution channels.
In different corners of the world, Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC grows by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary relying on specific neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending on particular regional (local) setups.
Faulty informs about unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The alert then demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding illegal material.
In countries where software application piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Additionally, the Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC popup alert might falsely assert to be originating from a law enforcement organization and will certainly report having situated child pornography or various other prohibited information on the device.
Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC popup alert may wrongly declare to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having situated kid porn or other illegal data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way consist of a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 131CC320md5: 40f0a3190723da30f2fff5f92bb85a2bname: 40F0A3190723DA30F2FFF5F92BB85A2B.mlwsha1: 2e295ca25bee3482c7e38827748796ed48af069esha256: 963d499558332cdfee88cdb2746379af1c7b8f5517650a7feaf7132402e9a938sha512: acb2049dcf7d7d69717ccb8a3d903343ecdceeaf6c1d830843a4eb68da3d7819bd57d56692d319fd7b471c6be48298c396e4aebe2191a22eb6fa04e99b40086essdeep: 3072:kGljcMrhPUtwHPTpYAZO4+n2tPco9WREWYeVISEh3LufpE7DnA5PNFrOeKWZZx:kG1cQhPUtwvCAZO/zEWcpsfpsABjHKtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0409 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Novak Clarendon Kingston Evans BernardoInternalName: pefbmFileVersion: 5.06.0006CompanyName: Johannes Signora Belgium Arturo CiceroComments: Liechtenstein Uniroyal Celt Darius TriangulumProductName: Mirfak RichterProductVersion: 5.06.0006FileDescription: Schroeder Bolshevist Geigy FairfaxOriginalFilename: pefbm.exe
Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e4091 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Behav-221|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/Genasom.EC you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)