What is Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit infection?
In this post you will certainly locate about the definition of Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit as well as its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by online frauds to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the cases, Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit infection will certainly advise its targets to launch funds move for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s gadget.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Czech;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files found on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the victim can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical networks where Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a source that organizes a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or avoid the gadget from functioning in a proper way – while additionally placing a ransom note that mentions the demand for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the function of decrypting the records or restoring the file system back to the first condition. In most instances, the ransom money note will turn up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit distribution channels.
In various edges of the world, Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit expands by leaps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom quantity may differ depending on particular neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty notifies regarding unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s gadget. The sharp then demands the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about illegal material.
In nations where software program piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit popup alert might wrongly assert to be deriving from a police institution and also will certainly report having located youngster pornography or various other prohibited data on the gadget.
Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit popup alert may wrongly assert to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement institution and also will report having situated child pornography or various other unlawful information on the device. The alert will similarly consist of a demand for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 385ACA84md5: d1d4703b9d4a1d1c2ce95fc194943170name: D1D4703B9D4A1D1C2CE95FC194943170.mlwsha1: 5fd6470fe7ab480139e2d37aff8fc22e6c12c6b0sha256: 4e0e20bb4c5f074a985587cf6a02086c412ac3e2d261947ee82a790ecf990e44sha512: 5c60306044bda1cbb0935e0f93194b031d6053d4d445f04e007967b05ead3000117864f9188a0ce9a9980406a3a091a71e5dd463fe8a244c31f38e9bc99867f3ssdeep: 6144:BscBzq9tLZPE0dpsOR1DAOiliqRKklOtiOWj5VGs2D2lmAmtFfmQjoVxlDh:B9q9tLPdhD0/RCtiOWj5Vz260Am6hDhtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2017, masasrfureInternalName: sgahagajfgha.exeFileVersion: 18.104.22.168ProductVersion: 22.214.171.124Translation: 0x0809 0x04b0
Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0052695d1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0052695d1 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/GandCrab-B|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GHOR|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AU!bit you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)