What is Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit infection?
In this short article you will locate about the interpretation of Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit as well as its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on the internet fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
In the majority of the cases, Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit virus will advise its victims to start funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (5 unique times);
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Czech;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers found on the victim’s hard disk — so the target can no longer use the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most common channels through which Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As an effect of individual winding up on a source that holds a destructive software;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the information on the target’s computer or prevent the gadget from working in an appropriate way – while additionally putting a ransom note that mentions the requirement for the victims to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the records or recovering the file system back to the first problem. In many instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit circulation channels.
In various edges of the globe, Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending upon specific local (regional) settings. The ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending on particular local (local) settings.
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software program.
In certain locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s device. The alert then requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about unlawful content.
In countries where software piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit popup alert may incorrectly declare to be deriving from a police establishment as well as will report having situated kid porn or other unlawful information on the tool.
Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit popup alert might incorrectly assert to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located kid pornography or other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will likewise include a need for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 3AFA4062md5: 50001008c2fc53e78bb8985d63ddf724name: 50001008C2FC53E78BB8985D63DDF724.mlwsha1: 0d9fbb8698042e40f5566f357a7bf61685a87a9bsha256: 4f64ae47f03a0440bcfb75adb8571d64da29a2e51b477f19bf38e135b48e0224sha512: 4bde1cef14a7da6be5b7a8fca98bc0cb55f53b248545193487a0c21f34832c3822cd9060d130be2410c50566faef3bef2ae20d4525de63f7ec13e7c2dd3d5e3cssdeep: 3072:Y6PzleVQC2mCekpX8lAC7p7gjz2uH1+pUzuKpF+jPJ90c4jaJo8SITu9WNfXP96:Y6Pz7x8lz7Vgj6YZum0/i8vTumf96wtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:InternalName: sgfnghmj.exeFileVersion: 22.214.171.124
Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053d5971 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053d5971 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-S + Mal/GandCrab-G|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GJRD|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/GandCrab.AT!bit you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)