What is Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A infection?
In this short article you will discover concerning the meaning of Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A and its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on the internet fraudulences to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
Most of the cases, Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A infection will advise its targets to launch funds move for the purpose of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Executed a very long command line or script command which may be indicative of chained commands or obfuscation;
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Detects Joe or Anubis Sandboxes through the presence of a file;
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the papers located on the target’s hard drive — so the target can no longer use the data;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most normal channels where Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of customer winding up on a resource that hosts a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or avoid the tool from functioning in a correct manner – while additionally placing a ransom note that discusses the need for the targets to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the files or restoring the documents system back to the initial condition. In most circumstances, the ransom note will come up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has actually already been harmed.
Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the globe, Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A grows by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money amount may differ relying on certain local (regional) settings. The ransom notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending on specific local (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s gadget. The alert then demands the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about prohibited web content.
In nations where software piracy is less popular, this technique is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A popup alert may wrongly assert to be deriving from a police organization as well as will certainly report having located child pornography or other prohibited data on the device.
Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A popup alert might wrongly claim to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having situated kid pornography or other illegal information on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way include a need for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 90A84D0Fmd5: 0e10846906f87f7bacd6cd5555ffb281name: 0E10846906F87F7BACD6CD5555FFB281.mlwsha1: a7281fdbadb92167015a507d48b062f6605491f5sha256: 965889f8d9f953acd1ea14e5afa5a5b5139b1351d9cb56d543e7baa53afa0f94sha512: b211c8428f17d9be3ecab795af70a08345b7cb20c72bce3da8ea0ca571f0947a0f7816d0040984e88f6f8de8bb91c2b07d3e24e5e64cdd0c3c02cffa2b881aefssdeep: 1536:fd+UxKXfP78e0IvPSVcWrCIOmI0cu4gUWtbK80X8zSF/OTeAASqfvoV:OfP7tSVcWr7OmI0coFKNj2Te5vMtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0050d6e11 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0050d6e11 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Filecoder.FS|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Behav-118|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom:Win32/Contentocrypt.A you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)