What is Ransom.GandCrab.UPX infection?
In this post you will discover regarding the interpretation of Ransom.GandCrab.UPX and also its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by online frauds to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the cases, Ransom.GandCrab.UPX ransomware will certainly instruct its sufferers to start funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s device.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Ciphering the records located on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the target can no more use the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular networks where Ransom.GandCrab.UPX are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual ending up on a source that organizes a harmful software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or avoid the gadget from operating in an appropriate fashion – while likewise placing a ransom note that points out the need for the targets to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the files or restoring the documents system back to the first condition. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Ransom.GandCrab.UPX circulation channels.
In various edges of the globe, Ransom.GandCrab.UPX grows by jumps and also bounds. However, the ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom amount may vary depending upon certain regional (local) setups. The ransom money notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might differ depending on specific local (local) settings.
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software program.
In certain locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s tool. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful material.
In nations where software application piracy is much less popular, this method is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Ransom.GandCrab.UPX popup alert might falsely assert to be originating from a police organization and also will report having located kid porn or other illegal data on the device.
Ransom.GandCrab.UPX popup alert may incorrectly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and will report having situated kid pornography or other illegal information on the tool. The alert will likewise include a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 559A19AEmd5: ad5a2dde47b4ab1ed1cc90fb0b039869name: AD5A2DDE47B4AB1ED1CC90FB0B039869.mlwsha1: 938d9271941e04ebb31310313be02bec67f64f66sha256: 6d291c12fdb7ded66cb67088bb2fc84a28b2f36f22a599cb9a03b41b02fe0540sha512: 7196cc58662e6d14a7ecc40357c18f657a96eb7395550deedbfbf5cc842e0dbcc5a1436f3f272259714625d268b3aa16efc708a992c104d767eb5b1aca6e1715ssdeep: 1536:iF/sJ7gntZc9AI/bz0C0158a1dt/oiRDdzbP8n+exeKzec:EsJ70c9AQz0158avZRRzbP2+eIlctype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Ransom.GandCrab.UPX also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053d33d1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053d33d1 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Troj/Patched-BY|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Ransom.GandCrab.UPX virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom.GandCrab.UPX files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom.GandCrab.UPX you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)