What is Ransom.Agent.UPX infection?
In this post you will discover regarding the interpretation of Ransom.Agent.UPX as well as its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Ransom.Agent.UPX virus will certainly instruct its targets to start funds move for the objective of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has presented to the victim’s tool.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent hidden files from being displayed;
- Ciphering the papers located on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the target’s workstation;
The most regular channels where Ransom.Agent.UPX Ransomware are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a consequence of user ending up on a source that hosts a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or stop the device from operating in an appropriate fashion – while additionally placing a ransom money note that points out the need for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the function of decrypting the records or recovering the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Ransom.Agent.UPX distribution networks.
In different corners of the globe, Ransom.Agent.UPX expands by jumps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom amount might differ relying on specific neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on specific regional (local) setups.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software.
In certain areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s device. The alert after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about prohibited material.
In nations where software program piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Ransom.Agent.UPX popup alert may incorrectly claim to be stemming from a law enforcement establishment and will certainly report having located youngster pornography or various other illegal data on the gadget.
Ransom.Agent.UPX popup alert may incorrectly claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located kid pornography or other illegal data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way consist of a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 6D48071Cmd5: f18876bbbc4fe1a2875749e35ce19dafname: F18876BBBC4FE1A2875749E35CE19DAF.mlwsha1: c945e443b73471a1a382e54f03f136fee1e97ce7sha256: 77649dc887810a4e32251997b336349303f44f2797692b1880b5a584e44690a9sha512: 5d384db83475687139c6947917d2facc1d1f5d3adbcbc9cbfce885e6b274704aa0f78837abc06226fea5d1a4eaa9e9e5239a90a3f38fdbd48ed2fdb67fea9f4assdeep: 6144:PG7u6jrkwvKaXR0cyYLF6lcBapBdd2Md:+7u6jvnXRsLiATzdtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Ransom.Agent.UPX also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0039911e1 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0039911e1 )|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Ransom-AI|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Ransom.Agent.UPX ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom.Agent.UPX files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom.Agent.UPX you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)