What is Ransom.Agent.JBE infection?
In this post you will certainly discover about the meaning of Ransom.Agent.JBE as well as its unfavorable effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by online fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the situations, Ransom.Agent.JBE infection will instruct its sufferers to start funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the changes that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s device.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- At least one process apparently crashed during execution;
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Spanish (Puerto Rico);
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Crashed cuckoomon during analysis. Report this error to the Github repo.;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Clears Windows events or logs;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to modify or disable Security Center warnings;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files located on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular channels through which Ransom.Agent.JBE Ransomware are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of individual ending up on a resource that holds a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the victim’s PC or protect against the device from operating in a proper manner – while additionally placing a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the sufferers to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the records or recovering the data system back to the initial condition. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has already been harmed.
Ransom.Agent.JBE circulation networks.
In numerous corners of the world, Ransom.Agent.JBE grows by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending on certain local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount might differ depending on specific neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software application.
In specific locations, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s tool. The alert then requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful material.
In countries where software application piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Ransom.Agent.JBE popup alert may incorrectly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and will report having situated child porn or other prohibited information on the gadget.
Ransom.Agent.JBE popup alert might incorrectly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and will report having located child porn or various other illegal information on the device. The alert will in a similar way consist of a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: C3EDCC43md5: 9fbd016866cd5ccf5852d8507114ad14name: 9FBD016866CD5CCF5852D8507114AD14.mlwsha1: bcf0e578d8418c56e35fa0cb4d67dee7589708c1sha256: 96646d4b1a95b0b049c1a21ae51034c86e465ab4ea23823466fea4582c52fd4dsha512: 0b836fb91789f4e85e8653df8e58ce8d20de9f9b75661a133def35964aaa8495fa7a538fe4964adb7c5aa7ba61633d6a955b2046a9bcef50cbb64567d8ff8d6bssdeep: 1536:Yz3dtF3rzHerFZN7k8ahhThRRbHryaVj/GRNVJtlUIspl9lyo3SfkFU7XWBq9o4U:G35nehraBRRjmaANjUIMl9BQXiw+g4type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 2007-2010 Jetico, Inc.FileVersion: 1.04.2CompanyName: Jetico, Inc.ProductName: BC U p d a t e ApplicationProductVersion: 1.04.2FileDescription: Automatic U p d a t e Application OriginalFilename: B C U p d a t e.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Ransom.Agent.JBE also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=80)|
How to remove Ransom.Agent.JBE ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Ransom.Agent.JBE files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Ransom.Agent.JBE you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)