What is PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB infection?
In this article you will discover about the meaning of PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB and also its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on the internet frauds to require paying the ransom money by a target.
In the majority of the situations, PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB virus will advise its sufferers to launch funds transfer for the purpose of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents situated on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular channels through which PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As an effect of individual ending up on a resource that holds a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the information on the victim’s PC or protect against the device from working in an appropriate manner – while likewise positioning a ransom money note that mentions the requirement for the targets to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the records or recovering the documents system back to the first condition. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB circulation networks.
In different corners of the world, PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB expands by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom money notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money amount may vary depending on certain regional (regional) setups. The ransom notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software program.
In particular areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s device. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about prohibited content.
In countries where software piracy is much less preferred, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB popup alert may wrongly declare to be stemming from a police organization as well as will certainly report having located youngster pornography or other unlawful data on the gadget.
PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB popup alert may wrongly assert to be deriving from a regulation enforcement organization and also will report having situated kid pornography or other illegal information on the device. The alert will in a similar way contain a demand for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: E13C6BC3md5: 8dd0fb4509ccb705c726ddd632aa94bfname: 8DD0FB4509CCB705C726DDD632AA94BF.mlwsha1: 7246997b21a46f39c506b72fa60c4a92a3a71471sha256: b526a2e743700e05396f10f6b2e9f1b1a8a74670a7b6969cf4471bdb25a77802sha512: 61960ca3a7841f219a43257acfc205826b9628ed959c6f0743dd75dbbdf6603d39cfc447bd8aa4db56121e192b085f2de3bf59cc241820d86afdacd21cf442c2ssdeep: 24576:rd4vRW9MUs0DFBmdxA+6Xq5qzbXzuqaZMg6CWK45:WvRW9MI3Ci+60WbXPaZMg6C6type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0057a0af1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0057a0af1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HKGY|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-S + Troj/Kryptik-UV|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
How to remove PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove PWS:Win32/Predator.GKM!MTB you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)