What is PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D infection?
In this article you will find regarding the meaning of PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D and its adverse impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by online frauds to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
Most of the instances, PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D infection will certainly advise its victims to initiate funds move for the purpose of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s tool.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to execute a powershell command with suspicious parameter/s;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files found on the target’s hard disk — so the target can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing routine access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular channels whereby PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D Ransomware are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user ending up on a resource that holds a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s PC or prevent the gadget from operating in a proper manner – while also putting a ransom money note that points out the need for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the function of decrypting the records or recovering the file system back to the preliminary problem. In most instances, the ransom money note will come up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has already been harmed.
PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D distribution channels.
In various corners of the world, PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D expands by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity may vary depending upon particular neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom money notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ depending on certain neighborhood (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding illegal web content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less popular, this method is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Additionally, the PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D popup alert may incorrectly claim to be originating from a police establishment and will certainly report having situated kid pornography or various other unlawful information on the tool.
PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D popup alert may incorrectly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement organization as well as will certainly report having located youngster pornography or various other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will similarly have a demand for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: BA3A81C4md5: d6e402475688586d1f901faab8c140fcname: D6E402475688586D1F901FAAB8C140FC.mlwsha1: 080bf9f64540429bbd04a7bb9856a69ab2ed81easha256: 94a6a3fa1cb3523aa70a9354f642715623226cc9ae41e4f611f5c9d8fcc712c5sha512: ffcba38367a5f6307c7f67700969899bf309cd81573d22dd3b3413eb5884b13c3faae5bab477c28417d2ad6845bad527b45d69bdfae894dc2eec170d6d623c66ssdeep: 6144:f8dNXSEd8yucqJLlswQv/YkGK7aK2YmcUtCOqs7wvxF3lXasq909tQfUGmtqpcwS:8cZJL2MkGK795mcUbwvxF1XN5tQ7wqDStype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004fdf181 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004fdf181 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove PowerShell/TrojanDropper.Agent.D you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)