What is MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX infection?
In this short article you will discover concerning the interpretation of MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX and its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
Most of the instances, MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX infection will certainly advise its victims to initiate funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the sufferer’s device.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Detected script timer window indicative of sleep style evasion;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Likely virus infection of existing system binary;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Ciphering the documents situated on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most normal networks where MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a source that hosts a destructive software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s computer or protect against the device from operating in an appropriate manner – while also putting a ransom note that discusses the need for the targets to impact the payment for the objective of decrypting the records or restoring the file system back to the initial problem. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX circulation channels.
In various edges of the globe, MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary relying on particular local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and tricks of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending on particular local (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty signals about unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s gadget. The sharp after that demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited material.
In countries where software application piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX popup alert may incorrectly assert to be originating from a police organization and also will report having situated child porn or various other prohibited data on the tool.
MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX popup alert may wrongly claim to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement organization and will report having located youngster pornography or other illegal information on the device. The alert will in a similar way include a demand for the user to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: B709A20Amd5: 1709458ec7c002e22cd7bebe78c8c62ename: 1709458EC7C002E22CD7BEBE78C8C62E.mlwsha1: c1ef51628ea945c5f49a01a3257e53dd3e66e481sha256: 92c0c68ea09ad19bbb9b250e9e2c3809c59275a4c4817936bdfb7e3ae93d9163sha512: a87b5ee6a38072b6efd68a4354a31ca4a4cbc496321bac69312aedfe90b3661087aa407c4a62d77f1f14234c9fea3b5b2d4936aa916c2d1bb701a1c57edbdd6essdeep: 3072:OhjEgMz00xigPvYBCqsGxxeq/qU7raAkFksaME/GSpnIgGbswpJoNIQzeeeeo4/:Bb0HgP6nIgK54IQzeeeL4/Qtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 700000121 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 700000121 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=89)|
How to remove MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove MSIL/Spy.Agent.CX you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/