What is MSIL/LockScreen.JS infection?
In this article you will certainly find concerning the definition of MSIL/LockScreen.JS as well as its adverse effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on-line frauds to require paying the ransom by a target.
Most of the instances, MSIL/LockScreen.JS ransomware will certainly advise its targets to initiate funds move for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Modifies boot configuration settings;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the files found on the target’s hard disk — so the target can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal networks through which MSIL/LockScreen.JS Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a resource that hosts a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or avoid the device from operating in a proper fashion – while also positioning a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the targets to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the documents or recovering the documents system back to the preliminary problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
MSIL/LockScreen.JS circulation networks.
In numerous edges of the globe, MSIL/LockScreen.JS expands by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending upon certain regional (regional) settings. The ransom notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money quantity may differ depending on certain neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s gadget. The sharp after that requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited material.
In countries where software program piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Conversely, the MSIL/LockScreen.JS popup alert may incorrectly declare to be stemming from a law enforcement organization and will report having located child porn or other unlawful data on the tool.
MSIL/LockScreen.JS popup alert may falsely assert to be obtaining from a law enforcement organization and will report having situated child pornography or various other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will similarly contain a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: C26CB394md5: 3f95cd627317aae9ba40897d01c125d9name: 3F95CD627317AAE9BA40897D01C125D9.mlwsha1: eac50d006dce13ad3ceed09ca673630c376b8796sha256: 46e6b7337ec9733619ea3730f9b30986dddcbd9f5eb12ff6a0f8fdab9f49aafasha512: 8c7f68a26779b8018c330040f75f7c04cb229d798fc0122b4fffb25f84e85ef36308fa46e7f95b5d502308a605a06273b4b7862b8cdb9ea42f994e927323d87cssdeep: 768:DkxciUrur/C3uYAIDtxF/wvi3zpBVNdr0n6SI:Dkxcive5DDtx+6jpjon6SItype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 Microsoft 2014Assembly Version: 220.127.116.11InternalName: stub.exeFileVersion: 18.104.22.168CompanyName: MicrosoftProductName: Authentication ModuleProductVersion: 22.214.171.124FileDescription: Microsoft AuthenticatorOriginalFilename: stub.exe
MSIL/LockScreen.JS also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 004bc26a1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 90)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 004bc26a1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/LockScreen.JS|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove MSIL/LockScreen.JS virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for MSIL/LockScreen.JS files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove MSIL/LockScreen.JS you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)