What is MSIL/LockScreen.AS infection?
In this article you will discover about the definition of MSIL/LockScreen.AS as well as its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by online frauds to require paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the cases, MSIL/LockScreen.AS virus will instruct its sufferers to start funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the target’s tool.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Ciphering the documents situated on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the sufferer can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most common networks through which MSIL/LockScreen.AS Trojans are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As an effect of individual winding up on a source that holds a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the device from functioning in a correct way – while additionally placing a ransom money note that points out the demand for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the documents or restoring the data system back to the first condition. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will turn up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
MSIL/LockScreen.AS circulation channels.
In different corners of the world, MSIL/LockScreen.AS grows by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on particular regional (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary depending on certain local (local) setups.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp after that requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about prohibited content.
In countries where software application piracy is less prominent, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the MSIL/LockScreen.AS popup alert may falsely claim to be stemming from a police establishment and also will report having located child pornography or other unlawful information on the device.
MSIL/LockScreen.AS popup alert may wrongly assert to be obtaining from a law enforcement institution and also will report having located child pornography or other illegal information on the tool. The alert will likewise contain a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 13ED3899md5: b895dbb52a13657e4487c403b75e01b0name: B895DBB52A13657E4487C403B75E01B0.mlwsha1: 93507a18a6d0088baf1272e56e2c8939a85cef02sha256: 073a73d30a5dee18888bb31e3d5374881721d4555efbb72c0a4d89dc36a276desha512: 9ad2e53f96f3a672cb8c13471f88ef6baaa3ff0b3593b1cf97709405f34f914df552fc79f0f931aa406ba854c08796ae40acb0e5ec6e10f4e20770413bfd83b4ssdeep: 6144:sJCw/btIqDFj1ZxlTU/tC6+Lv3T6n/ZxWxUajqFXuQQs6:KIgj1Fb/v3mn/mPjm+Zhtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 Microsoft 2012Assembly Version: 188.8.131.52InternalName: wlnew.exeFileVersion: 184.108.40.206CompanyName: MicrosoftProductName: wlnewProductVersion: 220.127.116.11FileDescription: wlnewOriginalFilename: wlnew.exe
MSIL/LockScreen.AS also known as:
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 99)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=98)|
How to remove MSIL/LockScreen.AS ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for MSIL/LockScreen.AS files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove MSIL/LockScreen.AS you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)