What is MSIL/Injector.NIK infection?
In this short article you will certainly find regarding the interpretation of MSIL/Injector.NIK and its unfavorable effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
Most of the instances, MSIL/Injector.NIK ransomware will instruct its victims to initiate funds transfer for the function of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Mimics the file times of a Windows system file;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Creates known SpyNet mutexes and/or registry changes.;
- Ciphering the files situated on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the target can no longer use the information;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal networks where MSIL/Injector.NIK Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of customer ending up on a resource that holds a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or prevent the tool from working in a proper fashion – while additionally putting a ransom money note that states the requirement for the victims to effect the settlement for the purpose of decrypting the files or bring back the file system back to the preliminary problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has actually already been damaged.
MSIL/Injector.NIK circulation networks.
In various edges of the world, MSIL/Injector.NIK grows by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and techniques of obtaining the ransom money amount may vary depending on particular local (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary depending on particular regional (regional) settings.
Faulty signals about unlicensed software.
In certain areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications enabled on the victim’s gadget. The sharp then demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful web content.
In nations where software piracy is much less prominent, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the MSIL/Injector.NIK popup alert may wrongly declare to be stemming from a police institution and also will certainly report having situated youngster porn or various other unlawful information on the gadget.
MSIL/Injector.NIK popup alert may falsely claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement establishment and will certainly report having located youngster porn or other unlawful information on the gadget. The alert will likewise consist of a demand for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: AC2922D1md5: 40a613076c25722d816d21482db9b8cdname: 40A613076C25722D816D21482DB9B8CD.mlwsha1: 81b295587f2f76f81bcf8119adf8980bf98d66besha256: 8be06b507071f9e8d41f8c4870d3774a4c75e0f7dd83b709d630de23a446b86csha512: 5544de85f0646946ad7593b989576278f83ccac2f902643e9fbdadcb009a4fbe14694d23e3cbd466c9af0b91843028a6c63053a953beb15aaf95e3b56ca1d87dssdeep: 6144:a+tnh1kBJHFuhQkhy+WFDbxZxSmeoNllMu7Vq0e09u:Jdh+khQSmjNllMu7Vq0eBtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0InternalName: setup.EXEFileVersion: 0.0.0.0ProductVersion: 0.0.0.0FileDescription: OriginalFilename: setup.EXE
MSIL/Injector.NIK also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053564e1 )|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053564e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/Injector.NIK|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Troj/MSIL-GIH|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
How to remove MSIL/Injector.NIK virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for MSIL/Injector.NIK files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove MSIL/Injector.NIK you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)