What is MSIL/Injector.CCU infection?
In this post you will discover about the definition of MSIL/Injector.CCU as well as its unfavorable influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
In the majority of the instances, MSIL/Injector.CCU virus will certainly advise its sufferers to start funds transfer for the purpose of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Mimics the file times of a Windows system file;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Writes a potential ransom message to disk;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Likely virus infection of existing system binary;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the records located on the victim’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer use the data;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular channels whereby MSIL/Injector.CCU Ransomware are injected are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual winding up on a resource that hosts a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the target’s computer or prevent the gadget from operating in an appropriate way – while also placing a ransom note that points out the demand for the sufferers to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the documents or restoring the data system back to the preliminary problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
MSIL/Injector.CCU distribution networks.
In various corners of the globe, MSIL/Injector.CCU grows by leaps as well as bounds. However, the ransom money notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on specific neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on certain local (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s tool. The alert after that demands the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about unlawful content.
In nations where software program piracy is less preferred, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the MSIL/Injector.CCU popup alert may wrongly declare to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and also will report having located kid porn or other illegal data on the device.
MSIL/Injector.CCU popup alert may wrongly assert to be acquiring from a law enforcement organization and will certainly report having located child porn or various other prohibited data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way contain a demand for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 81C0A1D4md5: fe63f448e8de9315de963f57a61066c7name: FE63F448E8DE9315DE963F57A61066C7.mlwsha1: b32955c74e9cc2824301d3772c13b9ebfb6d72d9sha256: 750ed5f0461db903627bdc5695aa2f50018a536dfab6fc7ed685f236037c0b9dsha512: 741dffed03d163ef920931bb8e3dbe327b2a4af4a21ca492f25f6ba2b9b20f9578bca42dfd7cb89ac5275f72255033b39efc7b7e628b49f8e63f37b1f0e7e62essdeep: 1536:ohsh/6IwFmJT3xAFyc52R2L941aGwrSbzfQTuk6qiJb6FwnIv:o2umJrxLc5v9wa5SPYikqJb6Gmtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0InternalName: 1.exeFileVersion: 0.0.0.0ProductVersion: 0.0.0.0FileDescription: OriginalFilename: 1.exe
MSIL/Injector.CCU also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0048dd7a1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 90)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0048dd7a1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/Injector.CCU|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove MSIL/Injector.CCU virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for MSIL/Injector.CCU files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove MSIL/Injector.CCU you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)