What is MSIL/Agent.RUK infection?
In this article you will find about the meaning of MSIL/Agent.RUK as well as its adverse effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom by a victim.
Most of the instances, MSIL/Agent.RUK infection will certainly advise its targets to initiate funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the target’s gadget.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Starts servers listening on 127.0.0.1:0;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent file extensions from being displayed;
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent hidden files from being displayed;
- Ciphering the papers located on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no more make use of the information;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical channels through which MSIL/Agent.RUK are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual winding up on a source that hosts a malicious software;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the gadget from functioning in a proper fashion – while additionally putting a ransom money note that states the need for the victims to impact the repayment for the objective of decrypting the documents or restoring the data system back to the preliminary condition. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will come up when the client reboots the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
MSIL/Agent.RUK circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the world, MSIL/Agent.RUK grows by jumps and also bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity may vary depending upon certain neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on certain regional (local) setups.
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s gadget. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning illegal material.
In countries where software piracy is much less preferred, this approach is not as effective for the cyber scams. Conversely, the MSIL/Agent.RUK popup alert may wrongly claim to be originating from a police establishment as well as will report having located kid porn or other illegal information on the tool.
MSIL/Agent.RUK popup alert may incorrectly assert to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement establishment and will certainly report having located kid pornography or other illegal data on the gadget. The alert will similarly include a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: EE5ECB13md5: 80ba125cb8b432b4054a658261cbb5b4name: 80BA125CB8B432B4054A658261CBB5B4.mlwsha1: 9f1d3d19d3dff01d716172b209cea419d2727fb5sha256: 5a36f25a5e58e41dd9382a17606c5f5da3d995d71f5318c9364889d0271d571fsha512: d659e52e5ad5f198bbbcf0c63e77ae87651ea2e39a2c62c97f86cd2f57426a083c37131aaf525cae55e41a114ff1675ef10fc25e7dbc73a77a43b48e2975e65essdeep: 3072:8qbib6VsMiQZSq3s8sPDMlZ9e84EXjOAsHBxac3udZE:8439ZSqLsPUfmLudZtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: xa9 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Assembly Version: 126.96.36.199InternalName: services_running.sys.exeFileVersion: 188.8.131.52ProductName: Microsoft Windows Operating SystemProductVersion: 184.108.40.206FileDescription: services_runningOriginalFilename: services_running.sys.exe
MSIL/Agent.RUK also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 90)|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/Agent.RUK|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove MSIL/Agent.RUK virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for MSIL/Agent.RUK files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove MSIL/Agent.RUK you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)