What is MSIL/Agent.OJQ infection?
In this article you will certainly locate regarding the meaning of MSIL/Agent.OJQ as well as its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on the internet fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, MSIL/Agent.OJQ virus will instruct its sufferers to start funds transfer for the purpose of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (2 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Starts servers listening on 0.0.0.0:39778;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Looks up the external IP address;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable UAC.
User Account Control or just UAC is a part of the Windows security system which prevents apps from making unwanted changes on PC.
UAC includes several technologies 1:
- File and egistry Virtualization;
- Same-desktop Elevation;
- Filtered Token;
- User Interface Privilege Isolation;
- Protected Mode Internet Explorer;
- Installer Detection;
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent hidden files from being displayed;
- Ciphering the files situated on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the target can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the target’s workstation;
The most typical channels whereby MSIL/Agent.OJQ Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a resource that holds a malicious software program;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the data on the target’s PC or prevent the tool from working in a correct fashion – while additionally placing a ransom note that mentions the need for the sufferers to impact the settlement for the objective of decrypting the documents or bring back the documents system back to the first problem. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will turn up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
MSIL/Agent.OJQ circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the world, MSIL/Agent.OJQ expands by leaps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity may vary depending on particular regional (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on particular regional (local) settings.
As an example:
Faulty notifies concerning unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans often wrongfully report having identified some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s gadget. The alert then demands the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding illegal content.
In countries where software application piracy is less popular, this method is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the MSIL/Agent.OJQ popup alert might wrongly declare to be deriving from a police establishment as well as will certainly report having situated child pornography or other prohibited information on the gadget.
MSIL/Agent.OJQ popup alert might wrongly claim to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement organization and also will report having located kid porn or other illegal data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way have a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 45301732md5: d38ab335607461a33c52116575dfa5bdname: D38AB335607461A33C52116575DFA5BD.mlwsha1: 071ca8554cb68cfe2dab483520b16b2fbb323377sha256: 6b70d75a6b6a1b93e133c2c8d80046dab7771275c779bf0ecd8ccf2e84ec984csha512: 690bb14b821cac5917aebdcabbf7044cec1d24f92a94cc0ce7fa6237139be6347daa1dde2c6659ca74af1aeb8c1ec0bf30c5b6e4e7366f993469d16305e623b3ssdeep: 6144:OSemaYysQBEDBH1rsp/ZvTx3tJku1i515mcHp44ewzznGNbukS/Ixl3JqW:OSCpBddJku1acMprzzqptype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 2012Assembly Version: 184.108.40.206InternalName: Rev_5.exeFileVersion: 220.127.116.11ProductName: Rev_5ProductVersion: 18.104.22.168FileDescription: Rev_5OriginalFilename: Rev_5.exe
MSIL/Agent.OJQ also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/Agent.OJQ|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove MSIL/Agent.OJQ ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft2
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft3.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for MSIL/Agent.OJQ files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove MSIL/Agent.OJQ you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- Microsoft Ignite: How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Server
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/