What is Mal/Agent-AVK infection?
In this short article you will locate about the interpretation of Mal/Agent-AVK and its unfavorable impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on-line scams to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Mal/Agent-AVK virus will instruct its sufferers to start funds transfer for the function of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Executed a very long command line or script command which may be indicative of chained commands or obfuscation;
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the papers found on the victim’s hard disk — so the victim can no more use the data;
- Preventing normal access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal channels whereby Mal/Agent-AVK Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a source that organizes a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the data on the target’s PC or stop the gadget from operating in a correct manner – while also placing a ransom note that points out the requirement for the victims to impact the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the papers or bring back the documents system back to the first problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will show up when the client reboots the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
Mal/Agent-AVK distribution networks.
In numerous edges of the globe, Mal/Agent-AVK expands by jumps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom amount might vary depending upon particular regional (regional) settings. The ransom notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom quantity may vary depending on specific regional (regional) setups.
Faulty alerts about unlicensed software.
In certain locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s device. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning unlawful content.
In countries where software piracy is less popular, this method is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Mal/Agent-AVK popup alert might incorrectly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement organization and also will certainly report having located child pornography or various other unlawful data on the gadget.
Mal/Agent-AVK popup alert might wrongly assert to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement organization as well as will report having situated youngster pornography or various other illegal data on the device. The alert will similarly include a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: CB2B617Amd5: a51f486a007d5a068c37c1546d2e28a4name: A51F486A007D5A068C37C1546D2E28A4.mlwsha1: bb3a6effac88f2cb26493450cda38b6f47eaf581sha256: 29a8bb0d606638f82c551a30c1f986b0d2cf7ad5797edbd36ca9d7244165407fsha512: 6d52cb3b2ed2b287ad256fd3cff6d2b8b81feae8b86529e8fa8e77ee4874e57c25755247e68efe4504c19f34476cfe98c39c2dc6a2ed32d765b4ea94f0bea5a2ssdeep: 24576:hfa7AAmZZcVKfIxTiEVc847flVC6faaQDbGV6eH81k6IbGD2JTu0GoZQDbGV6eHQ:hfa7AAmw4gxeOw46fUbNecCCFbNecdtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2000InternalName: FlowerPowerFileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1CompanyName: PrivateBuild: LegalTrademarks: Comments: ProductName: FlowerPowerSpecialBuild: ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 1FileDescription: FlowerPowerOriginalFilename: FlowerPower.EXETranslation: 0x0c09 0x04b0
Mal/Agent-AVK also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055e6b51 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055e6b51 )|
|Invincea||ML/PE-A + Mal/Agent-AVK|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GZNI|
How to remove Mal/Agent-AVK virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Mal/Agent-AVK files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Mal/Agent-AVK you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)