What is Generik.LMBFYFC infection?
In this short article you will find regarding the interpretation of Generik.LMBFYFC as well as its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by online scams to demand paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the situations, Generik.LMBFYFC infection will instruct its targets to launch funds transfer for the objective of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the target’s tool.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents located on the target’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no longer use the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
One of the most normal networks where Generik.LMBFYFC Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of individual winding up on a resource that holds a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the tool from operating in a correct manner – while likewise putting a ransom money note that discusses the need for the victims to effect the payment for the function of decrypting the records or restoring the data system back to the preliminary condition. In many instances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Generik.LMBFYFC distribution networks.
In various corners of the globe, Generik.LMBFYFC grows by leaps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom quantity might differ depending upon particular regional (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom amount might vary depending on specific regional (local) setups.
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software application.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s tool. The alert then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning prohibited material.
In countries where software program piracy is less popular, this technique is not as effective for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Generik.LMBFYFC popup alert may falsely assert to be deriving from a law enforcement institution as well as will report having located kid porn or other unlawful information on the gadget.
Generik.LMBFYFC popup alert may falsely claim to be deriving from a regulation enforcement institution as well as will report having situated child pornography or other unlawful data on the tool. The alert will similarly contain a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 7FB2DF6Bmd5: 01e27a34765b0e97c92d47c17a5eb0e9name: 01E27A34765B0E97C92D47C17A5EB0E9.mlwsha1: bb6d7fd696af28e3b728218803df0d2e7ff8bd81sha256: 0c0a82e732401d925c265d7faac686469013a73ad0629da8d88af134c94a2e32sha512: e0ba857f861e5081a4bc8a14f1a84166ec23dd593a81f756b67f31964e04c15f7cf39a05cd5e2f3147e97c97abd02a75519bbd4d40ee72430a09bbc84e5b9d63ssdeep: 6144:l7EBJlP/GdIhfv6+Czk4XKRKLxdTnUWU+XEn0UhPgICxuN:lYB//GWhfC+Cg4X4sxC+Xi0U5gICxEtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Generik.LMBFYFC also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.LMBFYFC|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Generik.LMBFYFC virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Generik.LMBFYFC files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Generik.LMBFYFC you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)