What is Generik.KHEKNPS infection?
In this short article you will certainly locate about the definition of Generik.KHEKNPS and its adverse impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by online fraudulences to require paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the instances, Generik.KHEKNPS virus will certainly instruct its victims to launch funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the victim’s device.
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction;
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Compression (or decompression);
- Creates RWX memory;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (12 unique times);
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Arabic (Oman);
- Looks up the external IP address;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects Avast Antivirus through the presence of a library;
- Forces a created process to be the child of an unrelated process;
- Queries information on disks, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Creates a hidden or system file;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Attempts to disable Windows Defender;
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the documents found on the victim’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most normal networks where Generik.KHEKNPS are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer winding up on a source that holds a harmful software;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently injected, it will either cipher the information on the target’s PC or stop the device from functioning in a correct manner – while additionally positioning a ransom note that mentions the demand for the victims to impact the repayment for the objective of decrypting the records or bring back the data system back to the preliminary problem. In many instances, the ransom money note will come up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been harmed.
Generik.KHEKNPS distribution channels.
In different corners of the world, Generik.KHEKNPS expands by leaps and bounds. However, the ransom notes and also tricks of extorting the ransom money amount may vary relying on specific regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ depending on particular neighborhood (local) setups.
Faulty alerts regarding unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s device. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements about unlawful web content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less popular, this method is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Generik.KHEKNPS popup alert may incorrectly assert to be stemming from a police establishment and will report having situated child porn or various other unlawful data on the gadget.
Generik.KHEKNPS popup alert may incorrectly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment and will certainly report having located child pornography or various other illegal data on the tool. The alert will similarly have a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: A5CE3352md5: a0b06be5d5272aa4fcf2261ed257ee06name: A0B06BE5D5272AA4FCF2261ED257EE06.mlwsha1: 596c955b854f51f462c26b5eb94e1b6161aad83csha256: 475d0beeadca13ecdfd905c840297e53ad87731dc911b324293ee95b3d8b700bsha512: 1eb6b9df145b131d03224e9bb7ed3c6cc87044506d848be14d3e4c70438e575dbbd2a0964b176281b1307469872bd6404873974475cd91eb6f7534d16ceff702ssdeep: 24576:FuY8giPqpUaA9WiJanFCgB057R2mnTwikKAq:k+iCm6EbTLkJqtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2021InternalName: SoftTime.exeFileVersion: 18.104.22.168CompanyName: AmazonProductName: SoftTimeProductVersion: 22.214.171.124FileDescription: SoftTimeOriginalFilename: SoftTime.exeTranslation: 0x0400 0x04b0
Generik.KHEKNPS also known as:
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.KHEKNPS|
How to remove Generik.KHEKNPS virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Generik.KHEKNPS files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Generik.KHEKNPS you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)