What is Generik.JOFBVUA infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover about the meaning of Generik.JOFBVUA and its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by online scams to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
Most of the situations, Generik.JOFBVUA ransomware will certainly instruct its victims to start funds move for the function of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction;
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Compression (or decompression);
- Creates RWX memory;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (12 unique times);
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- A named pipe was used for inter-process communication;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Reads data out of its own binary image;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Arabic (Oman);
- Looks up the external IP address;
- A scripting utility was executed;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects Avast Antivirus through the presence of a library;
- Forces a created process to be the child of an unrelated process;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Queries information on disks, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools;
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time;
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Attempts to execute a binary from a dead or sinkholed URL;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates a hidden or system file;
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Attempts to disable Windows Defender;
- Attempts to access Bitcoin/ALTCoin wallets;
- Harvests information related to installed instant messenger clients;
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the records situated on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the sufferer can no longer utilize the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation;
The most normal channels whereby Generik.JOFBVUA Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As an effect of individual winding up on a resource that holds a harmful software;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the target’s PC or protect against the device from functioning in a proper fashion – while likewise placing a ransom note that points out the need for the sufferers to effect the repayment for the function of decrypting the papers or restoring the file system back to the initial condition. In many circumstances, the ransom money note will turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
Generik.JOFBVUA circulation networks.
In various edges of the world, Generik.JOFBVUA grows by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom amount might differ depending upon particular regional (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on specific neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software program.
In certain locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s device. The alert then demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements concerning illegal content.
In countries where software piracy is less prominent, this method is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Generik.JOFBVUA popup alert may wrongly claim to be deriving from a police establishment and also will report having situated youngster porn or other unlawful information on the gadget.
Generik.JOFBVUA popup alert might wrongly claim to be deriving from a legislation enforcement organization and also will certainly report having located child porn or other prohibited information on the device. The alert will similarly contain a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: C7C159B5md5: 33d711ccfe4a4e9cbd37c99e25c13769name: 33D711CCFE4A4E9CBD37C99E25C13769.mlwsha1: 781e0cdc5b1c72f217f54bedd2c2862c73604e89sha256: 5d500524991ad1e6178b097b7ee5e270eef3710115b72a424b7fb2643490f992sha512: 2de7c4e5672f52da356ba80e132d9eb93a51290d43ebbe35471a72c2872ab7648880f0240ea94b0fce27d604c1a45964ab50ebe7256403900b22d7a59e0160c5ssdeep: 12288:DPkEGt/xf+OeO+OeNhBBhhBBOsdVrmykJpcHRQMRTFhu26loXKHEu4uLv7pC3ye:DPkEBKnJGbZ6HXv7pC3yedQFyJ5JbTTtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2018InternalName: MaxHolder.exeFileVersion: 10.24.0.1CompanyName: TN MaxHolderProductName: TN MaxHolderProductVersion: 10.24.0.1FileDescription: TN MaxHolderOriginalFilename: MaxHolder.exeTranslation: 0x0400 0x04b0
Generik.JOFBVUA also known as:
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.JOFBVUA|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
How to remove Generik.JOFBVUA ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Generik.JOFBVUA files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Generik.JOFBVUA you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)