What is Generic PUA GK (PUA) infection?
In this post you will certainly find about the definition of Generic PUA GK (PUA) and its unfavorable effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is clarified by on-line scams to require paying the ransom by a sufferer.
Most of the cases, Generic PUA GK (PUA) virus will certainly instruct its targets to initiate funds move for the objective of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s device.
Generic PUA GK (PUA) Summary
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Unconventionial binary language: Russian;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files located on the target’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the information;
- Preventing routine access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
Generic PUA GK (PUA)
The most typical channels through which Generic PUA GK (PUA) Trojans are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user winding up on a resource that holds a harmful software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or protect against the device from functioning in a proper way – while additionally putting a ransom note that states the need for the sufferers to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the papers or restoring the documents system back to the preliminary condition. In most circumstances, the ransom money note will show up when the client restarts the PC after the system has actually already been harmed.
Generic PUA GK (PUA) distribution channels.
In various edges of the world, Generic PUA GK (PUA) expands by leaps and also bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom money notes and tricks of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ relying on certain regional (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and also methods of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending on certain neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty informs about unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually identified some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s device. The sharp after that requires the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations about prohibited content.
In countries where software application piracy is less popular, this method is not as effective for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Generic PUA GK (PUA) popup alert might wrongly assert to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and also will report having situated kid porn or other prohibited information on the tool.
Generic PUA GK (PUA) popup alert may incorrectly declare to be obtaining from a law enforcement establishment as well as will report having located child pornography or other prohibited information on the tool. The alert will likewise include a requirement for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 8E59B7A4md5: 4993a52d344706c747d377e6aa8cbf07name: 4993A52D344706C747D377E6AA8CBF07.mlwsha1: 6a7377b6aba4afbaf711425a0d4a5bb6b10d5318sha256: 88c8b8c1f020a37ecc94555dd0d093f7b17a59662b580772583fb0271245bae3sha512: 5a94608345fed23c53f8390295ca2d1758d48ffe162bb6c107e3c4543bbb00f615e59d13681e2ecab4fb6ef04d0fac47969efaa35d39c1ef752c0457fdd87860ssdeep: 12288:CirXz19p57IHynNZU6D4vk43uYEqf7lU6wR:CirzwHaZLD4Cs7ltype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2018FileVersion: 126.96.36.199CompanyName: TODO: ProductName: TODO: ProductVersion: 188.8.131.52FileDescription: TODO: Translation: 0x0419 0x04b0
Generic PUA GK (PUA) also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00528e801 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005267551 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GCWT|
|Sophos||Generic PUA GK (PUA)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=86)|
How to remove Generic PUA GK (PUA) ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Generic PUA GK (PUA) files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Generic PUA GK (PUA) you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)