What is Generic PUA EK (PUA) infection?
In this short article you will certainly discover about the meaning of Generic PUA EK (PUA) as well as its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Generic PUA EK (PUA) infection will certainly advise its victims to initiate funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s device.
Generic PUA EK (PUA) Summary
These modifications can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Unconventionial binary language: Russian;
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Russian;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents situated on the victim’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no more use the information;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
Generic PUA EK (PUA)
One of the most typical networks through which Generic PUA EK (PUA) are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As an effect of customer ending up on a source that holds a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or avoid the gadget from working in a correct fashion – while additionally putting a ransom note that discusses the requirement for the victims to effect the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or bring back the file system back to the initial problem. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has actually already been damaged.
Generic PUA EK (PUA) circulation channels.
In various corners of the world, Generic PUA EK (PUA) grows by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and also tricks of obtaining the ransom amount might differ relying on particular local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending on certain regional (regional) setups.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software.
In specific locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having found some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp after that requires the customer to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations concerning unlawful web content.
In countries where software application piracy is much less popular, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Generic PUA EK (PUA) popup alert might incorrectly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment as well as will report having situated child pornography or other unlawful data on the device.
Generic PUA EK (PUA) popup alert may wrongly claim to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located kid porn or various other unlawful information on the gadget. The alert will similarly have a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 1871D23Amd5: b9ba5e9ac5b73aac3d51a7fba46e0574name: B9BA5E9AC5B73AAC3D51A7FBA46E0574.mlwsha1: 4a5267533f332f8a991cef0feb29a8b85986e762sha256: 8df835b3a7a17be8fd5f41dd09ae7f75c905779ea290e6ece626f614589786fcsha512: d6b14af71341aa47c808501843ec0e08edc085bc458e12519f0634d392a5211b5f53f2d54c01ea623561f5fd4e99cae4361265b5c87772014f9279dd402f0a84ssdeep: 24576:OiUyJB67Xg/JTY8zUwhlJpHgo/gCFazCtIT:KyJB3qeUwhHpLxFCCtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2018FileVersion: 22.214.171.124CompanyName: TODO: ProductName: TODO: ProductVersion: 126.96.36.199FileDescription: TODO: Translation: 0x0419 0x04b0
Generic PUA EK (PUA) also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00528e801 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005267551 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GCWT|
|Sophos||Generic PUA EK (PUA)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=87)|
How to remove Generic PUA EK (PUA) ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Generic PUA EK (PUA) files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Generic PUA EK (PUA) you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)