The Danger siker virus belongs under the ransomware type of malicious agent. Ransomware of this type encrypts all the data on your computer (images, text files, excel tables, music, videos, etc) and adds its own extension to every file, creating the mesajin_var_amcik.txt files in every directory containing encrypted files.
What is Danger siker virus?
Danger siker will append its own .DangerSiker extension to every file’s name. For instance, a file entitled “photo.jpg” will be turned into “photo.jpg.DangerSiker”. In the same manner, the Excel file with the name “table.xlsx” will be changed to “table.xlsx.DangerSiker”, and so on.
In every folder with the encrypted files, a mesajin_var_amcik.txt text file will appear. It is a ransom money memo. Therein you can find information on the ways of paying the ransom and some other remarks. The ransom note usually contains a description of how to purchase the decryption tool from the ransomware developers. That is it.
Danger siker Summary:
|Name||Danger siker Virus|
|Detection||Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Wanna.ardl Virus Removal, UDS:Trojan-PSW.Win32.Stealerc Virus Removal, Spammer:Win32/Morphisil.A!bit Virus Removal|
|Symptoms||Your files (photos, videos, documents) have a .DangerSiker extension and you can’t open them.|
|Fix Tool||See If Your System Has Been Affected by Danger siker virus|
In the image below, you can see what a folder with files encrypted by the Danger siker looks like. Each filename has the “.DangerSiker” extension added to it.
How did Danger siker ransomware end up on my PC?
There are plenty of possible ways of ransomware infiltration.
Nowadays, there are three most exploited ways for criminals to have ransomware working in your system. These are email spam, Trojan injection and peer-to-peer networks.
- If you access your inbox and see emails that look like familiar notifications from utility services providers, delivery agencies like FedEx, Internet providers, and whatnot, but whose “from” field is strange to you, be wary of opening those letters. They are very likely to have a malicious file enclosed in them. So it is even more dangerous to open any attachments that come with emails like these.
- Another thing the hackers might try is a Trojan horse scheme. A Trojan is an object that gets into your machine pretending to be something legal. For instance, you download an installer of some program you want or an update for some program. But what is unboxed reveals itself a harmful agent that compromises your data. As the installation wizard can have any name and any icon, you’d better be sure that you can trust the resource of the things you’re downloading. The optimal way is to trust the software companies’ official websites.
- As for the peer-to-peer networks like BitTorrent or eMule, the danger is that they are even more trust-based than the rest of the Web. You can never know what you download until you get it. Our suggestion is that you use trustworthy websites. Also, it is reasonable to scan the directory containing the downloaded items with the anti-malware utility as soon as the downloading is done.
How do I get rid of ransomware?
It is important to inform you that besides encrypting your data, the Danger siker virus will most likely install Vidar Stealer on your PC to get access to credentials to various accounts (including cryptocurrency wallets). The mentioned spyware can extract your credentials from your browser’s auto-filling cardfile.
Remove Danger siker with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Ransomware as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove Danger siker as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “Danger siker” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing Danger siker and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
Sometimes criminals would decode few of your files to prove that they do have the decryption tool. Since Danger siker virus is a relatively new ransomware, security software engineers have not yet found a method to reverse its work. Nevertheless, the anti-ransomware instruments are constantly updated, so the solution may soon arrive.
Of course, if the tamperers do the job of encoding victim’s critical files, the desperate person will probably comply with their demands. Despite that, paying a ransom does not necessarily mean that you’re getting your blocked information back. It is still dangerous. After obtaining the ransom, the racketeers may deliver a wrong decryption key to the victim. There were reports about ransomware developers simply disappearing after getting the ransom without even writing back.
The optimal countermeasure to ransomware is to have a system restore point or the copies of your essential files in the cloud drive or at least on an external drive. Obviously, that might be not enough. The most important thing could be that file you were working upon when it all started. But at least it is something. It is also advisable to scan your drives with the anti-malware utility after the system is rolled back.
Danger siker is not the only ransomware of its kind, since there are other specimens of ransomware out there that act in the same manner. Examples of those are Iicc, Eqew, Eqza, and some others. The two basic differences between them and the Danger siker are the ransom amount and the encoding method. The rest is the same: documents become encrypted, their extensions changed, ransom notes emerge in every folder containing encoded files.
Some lucky people were able to decode the blocked files with the aid of the free software provided by anti-malware developers. Sometimes the racketeers mistakenly send the decryption key to the victims in the ransom readme. Such an extraordinary fail allows the victim to restore the files. But of course, one should never rely on such a chance. Make no mistake, ransomware is a bandits’ technology to lay their hands on the money of their victims.
How сan I avoid ransomware injection?
Danger siker ransomware has no endless power, so as any similar malware.
You can defend yourself from ransomware infiltration within several easy steps:
- Ignore any emails from unknown mailboxes with strange addresses, or with content that has likely no connection to something you are expecting (how can you win in a money prize draw without even taking part in it?). If the email subject is likely something you are expecting, check all elements of the dubious email with caution. A hoax email will surely have mistakes.
- Never use cracked or untrusted software. Trojan viruses are often distributed as a part of cracked products, possibly under the guise of “patch” which prevents the license check. Understandably, potentially dangerous programs are very hard to distinguish from reliable ones, because trojans sometimes have the functionality you seek. Try searching for information on this software product on the anti-malware message boards, but the best way is not to use such software.
- And to be sure about the safety of the files you downloaded, check them with GridinSoft Anti-Malware. This program will be a perfect defense for your PC.
🤔 How can I open “.DangerSiker” files?Can I somehow access “.DangerSiker” files?
There’s no way to do it, unless the files “.DangerSiker” files are decrypted.
🤔 What should I do to make my files accessible as fast as possible?
Hopefully, you have made a copy of those important files. In case you haven’t, there is still a chance that you do have a Restore Point from some time ago to roll back the whole system to the moment when it had no virus yet, but already had your files. All other solutions require time.
🤔 If GridinSoft deletes the Danger siker malware, will it also delete my files that were encrypted?
Of course not. Your encrypted files are no threat to your PC.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware only deals with real viruses. The ransomware that has attacked your system is probably still functional and it scans your system periodically to encode any new files you might create on your computer after the attack. As it has been mentioned above, the Danger siker malware does not come alone. It installs backdoors and keyloggers that can take your account passwords by trespass and provide criminals with easy access to your system after some time.
🤔 What should I do if the Danger siker virus has blocked my PC and I can’t get the activation code.
In such a case, you need to prepare a memory stick with a previously installed Trojan Killer. Use Safe Mode to execute the procedure. The point is that the ransomware starts automatically as the system boots and encrypts any new files created or imported into your computer. To block this function – use Safe Mode, which allows only the vital programs to run upon system start. Consider reading our manual on running Windows in Safe Mode.
🤔 What can I do right now?
Some of the blocked files can be found elsewhere.
- If you sent or received your critical files via email, you could still download them from your online mailbox.
- You may have shared photographs or videos with your friends or relatives. Just ask them to send those images back to you.
- If you have initially downloaded any of your files from the Web, you can try downloading them again.
- Your messengers, social networks pages, and cloud disks might have all those files as well.
- Maybe you still have the needed files on your old PC, a notebook, cellphone, memory stick, etc.
USEFUL TIP: You can employ file recovery programs1 to retrieve your lost information since ransomware arrests the copies of your files, deleting the original ones. In the tutorial below, you can see how to recover your files with PhotoRec, but be advised: you won’t be able to do it before you remove the virus with an anti-malware program.
I need your help to share this article.
It is your turn to help other people. I have written this guide to help users like you. You can use the buttons below to share this on your favorite social media Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit.Brendan Smith
How to Remove DANGER SIKER Ransomware & Recover PC
Name: DANGER SIKER Virus
Description: DANGER SIKER Virus is a ransomware-type infections. This virus encrypts important personal files (video, photos, documents). The encrypted files can be tracked by a specific .DangerSiker extension. So, you can't use them at all.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Virus
User Review( votes)
- Here are Top 10 Data Recovery Software Of 2023.