What is Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C infection?
In this article you will discover concerning the meaning of Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C as well as its adverse influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the situations, Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C virus will instruct its victims to launch funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s device.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call;
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Exhibits behavior characteristic of Proxyback malware;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents found on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the victim can no longer utilize the information;
- Preventing normal access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most common networks through which Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As an effect of individual winding up on a resource that holds a harmful software application;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or avoid the device from working in a proper way – while also placing a ransom money note that points out the demand for the targets to impact the payment for the purpose of decrypting the documents or bring back the data system back to the preliminary problem. In a lot of instances, the ransom note will show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been harmed.
Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C distribution networks.
In various edges of the globe, Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C expands by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ relying on specific regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending on particular neighborhood (regional) setups.
As an example:
Faulty notifies about unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the sufferer’s device. The alert after that demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding illegal web content.
In countries where software application piracy is less popular, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Alternatively, the Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C popup alert may incorrectly declare to be originating from a police institution and will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or various other prohibited data on the device.
Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C popup alert may falsely assert to be obtaining from a law enforcement establishment and will certainly report having situated kid porn or various other illegal data on the device. The alert will in a similar way have a demand for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: ED392329md5: a6c80264268ff65e192f9498369d1020name: A6C80264268FF65E192F9498369D1020.mlwsha1: f369d45e220043db903c663cc297d2ed1c83dbb9sha256: 7cd0a6e4252f9855b7225691472e71e619ae8c4057b714c39daa3ac372b53697sha512: ae3ccab2106603f8fa7efe86ddaf0c29fec97893db0452981dd4b47ce894f4307befe4c10a802208ef605af076d88c34e13dd5cc682a4082c7776aae24e2a6a2ssdeep: 6144:wLCGqaHjihQjAOHoj1aE7QVn2V7r65olQu3fElsA7LCG4:wLIBhQjNM1ZK8lNILutype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 1997-2007, Nullsoft, Inc.FileVersion: 126.96.36.1990CompanyName: Nullsoft, Inc.SpecialBuild: fullLegalTrademarks: Nullsoft and Winamp are trademarks of Nullsoft, Inc.Comments: Visit http://www.winamp.com/ for updates.ProductName: WinampProductVersion: 5.50 Build 1640FileDescription: Winamp Translation: 0x0000 0x04e4
Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0055dd191 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.EPZK|
|Sophos||Mal/Generic-R + Mal/Wonton-CD|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=100)|
How to remove Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Backdoor:Win32/Htbot.C you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)