What is Backdoor.Staser infection?
In this short article you will discover concerning the interpretation of Backdoor.Staser and also its negative influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on-line frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Backdoor.Staser virus will advise its targets to launch funds move for the purpose of neutralizing the modifications that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s device.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (2 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Chinese (Simplified);
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Generates some ICMP traffic;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents found on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the sufferer can no longer use the information;
- Preventing regular access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most normal networks where Backdoor.Staser Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a repercussion of individual winding up on a source that organizes a malicious software;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully injected, it will either cipher the information on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the gadget from working in a correct way – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the targets to effect the repayment for the function of decrypting the files or bring back the data system back to the first problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom note will turn up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Backdoor.Staser distribution channels.
In various corners of the globe, Backdoor.Staser expands by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes and tricks of extorting the ransom amount may vary depending upon certain regional (regional) setups. The ransom notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money amount might differ depending on specific local (regional) settings.
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s gadget. The alert after that requires the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding illegal web content.
In nations where software application piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber scams. Additionally, the Backdoor.Staser popup alert may incorrectly assert to be deriving from a law enforcement institution and also will report having situated kid pornography or other illegal data on the gadget.
Backdoor.Staser popup alert may wrongly declare to be acquiring from a law enforcement organization as well as will report having located child porn or various other illegal data on the gadget. The alert will likewise contain a requirement for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 5EEFCCD8md5: 5c63792bd2d8dbf8306ff49c166c103fname: 5C63792BD2D8DBF8306FF49C166C103F.mlwsha1: 84f12610e6b1c4660cb28ef667a106ae853c5152sha256: e5139cdfaf081b0c7a7a90a103a953336d67d27f5f9db8329c67931c6647ac5dsha512: 240d486d452a942216f47ff9a8761e6a351c67686dd79fa320b591db1cd5cec21cd6aec3612d82f4db61cbc99b0729aa49bf9f22263bcaa11391b3c14805ad15ssdeep: 6144:dj+0gewWyXPoBQfFMoZsZl7uJKJcYYgVCM3RJvseCZjgdEt6rIY:k0gewW8oiaFl7u6x13pgoEt6rIYtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Backdoor.Staser also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0052c8a31 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0052c8a31 )|
|VIPRE||Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Resdro.b (v) (not malicious)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=89)|
How to remove Backdoor.Staser ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Backdoor.Staser files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Backdoor.Staser you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)