What is Backdoor.Erica.2 infection?
In this post you will locate concerning the meaning of Backdoor.Erica.2 and also its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is clarified by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
Most of the instances, Backdoor.Erica.2 virus will certainly instruct its sufferers to start funds move for the objective of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the victim’s device.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Likely virus infection of existing system binary;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the documents located on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the victim can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most typical channels through which Backdoor.Erica.2 are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a repercussion of customer winding up on a source that organizes a destructive software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the data on the target’s PC or protect against the gadget from functioning in a proper way – while likewise positioning a ransom money note that mentions the demand for the targets to impact the payment for the function of decrypting the documents or recovering the documents system back to the first problem. In many instances, the ransom money note will certainly show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Backdoor.Erica.2 distribution channels.
In different corners of the world, Backdoor.Erica.2 expands by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ depending on particular neighborhood (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and also techniques of extorting the ransom money amount may vary depending on specific local (local) settings.
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software program.
In specific locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s tool. The sharp then requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements about prohibited content.
In countries where software piracy is less popular, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber frauds. Alternatively, the Backdoor.Erica.2 popup alert might wrongly claim to be deriving from a law enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having located child porn or other unlawful data on the device.
Backdoor.Erica.2 popup alert might falsely declare to be acquiring from a law enforcement institution as well as will report having located youngster pornography or various other illegal information on the device. The alert will similarly have a need for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: B8056364md5: 40853be3c06e086f842f6d093f3c8277name: 40853BE3C06E086F842F6D093F3C8277.mlwsha1: bfb5cd73afae65be9c939e0390d48524206a09a9sha256: f91494f72e935c60ba95c24e0234426a028b91926bc73d340d0f509f96546c0asha512: c028799b74d05881c6ccfbf0dd5fb6dc1829746722dd4655d52b316e397090e23ee54a2867a3e811e7d0b3bd7211474f180de9b3c48c85c36c755429e6b11172ssdeep: 1536:HNTIuTtbe1RZzCVkVlVwqTpn7Kf0o9HoNCm25kSh29Va4:HNU4CtzCMVZpn7Kf0o1ocMS8type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0InternalName: ir0v4rd4.exeFileVersion: 0.0.0.0ProductVersion: 0.0.0.0FileDescription: OriginalFilename: ir0v4rd4.exe
Backdoor.Erica.2 also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0052c0671 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0052c0671 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of MSIL/Injector.DKR|
|MAX||malware (ai score=82)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Backdoor.Erica.2 ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Backdoor.Erica.2 files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Backdoor.Erica.2 you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)