What is Backdoor.Agent.JV infection?
In this post you will certainly find about the meaning of Backdoor.Agent.JV and also its negative impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is specified by on the internet frauds to demand paying the ransom money by a sufferer.
Most of the cases, Backdoor.Agent.JV infection will advise its victims to initiate funds transfer for the purpose of counteracting the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s gadget.
These adjustments can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Compression (or decompression);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic;
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Ciphering the files located on the target’s disk drive — so the victim can no more utilize the information;
- Preventing regular access to the target’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular channels where Backdoor.Agent.JV Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing emails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a source that holds a destructive software;
As soon as the Trojan is effectively injected, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s PC or prevent the device from functioning in an appropriate manner – while likewise positioning a ransom money note that discusses the need for the victims to effect the payment for the objective of decrypting the records or recovering the data system back to the first condition. In a lot of circumstances, the ransom money note will turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been damaged.
Backdoor.Agent.JV distribution channels.
In various edges of the world, Backdoor.Agent.JV expands by leaps and bounds. Nevertheless, the ransom notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity might differ depending upon certain local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ depending on particular neighborhood (regional) settings.
As an example:
Faulty signals about unlicensed software application.
In specific locations, the Trojans typically wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications allowed on the victim’s gadget. The alert then demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited web content.
In countries where software program piracy is much less preferred, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Backdoor.Agent.JV popup alert may incorrectly declare to be deriving from a police organization as well as will report having located child porn or various other illegal data on the device.
Backdoor.Agent.JV popup alert may wrongly assert to be deriving from a legislation enforcement establishment and will report having situated child pornography or other unlawful data on the tool. The alert will likewise consist of a demand for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 58930A6Fmd5: 1997ef6b7fc704ee378edeca9497773ename: 1997EF6B7FC704EE378EDECA9497773E.mlwsha1: 1ade774cbd434c64420aded3abcf8b46a22e6655sha256: b6e4d73fbff1446750fa8dda7b3c81d5fcf7f6fcfc2ef9ea9e474da024c4a31esha512: a988b3370fc15149060887ba792aa5b61552e62bea7898b85cc6a46fd1954927d5a6e2c198a9ad3a2375a9303b769a9c2e2d14954a28c6f80cb7cb105d9eeac4ssdeep: 1536:ujOf6GKZhOHY1zCi1hFdBYqjhOrmK6o84:6qJ0NFdDjQqpo84type: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 2012InternalName: javaFileVersion: 6.0.310.5Full Version: 1.6.0_31-b05CompanyName: Sun Microsystems, Inc.ProductName: Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U31ProductVersion: 6.0.310.5FileDescription: Java(TM) Platform SE binaryOriginalFilename: java.exeTranslation: 0x0000 0x04b0
Backdoor.Agent.JV also known as:
|malicious (high confidence)
|Trojan ( 004b6a801 )
|Trojan ( 004b6a801 )
|Malicious (score: 100)
|ML/PE-A + Mal/Zbot-EZ
|Static AI – Malicious PE
|malware (ai score=89)
How to remove Backdoor.Agent.JV ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Backdoor.Agent.JV files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Backdoor.Agent.JV you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)