What is Adware.Agent (A) infection?
In this short article you will discover concerning the meaning of Adware.Agent (A) and its adverse effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a form of malware that is elaborated by on the internet scams to require paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to be the first to know about news and our exclusive materials on information security.
In the majority of the instances, Adware.Agent (A) virus will advise its victims to initiate funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the modifications that the Trojan infection has introduced to the victim’s gadget.
Adware.Agent (A) Summary
These adjustments can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup.
There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Collects information about installed applications;
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the documents situated on the sufferer’s hard disk drive — so the target can no longer use the information;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most common channels whereby Adware.Agent (A) Ransomware are infused are:
- By means of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of user winding up on a resource that organizes a harmful software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is effectively infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the tool from working in a proper way – while also placing a ransom money note that mentions the requirement for the targets to effect the repayment for the objective of decrypting the files or recovering the data system back to the initial problem. In many circumstances, the ransom note will certainly show up when the customer restarts the COMPUTER after the system has currently been harmed.
Adware.Agent (A) circulation channels.
In numerous edges of the world, Adware.Agent (A) expands by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money quantity may differ relying on specific local (regional) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ depending on specific regional (local) setups.
As an example:
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software application.
In particular locations, the Trojans often wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s tool. The alert then requires the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding unlawful web content.
In nations where software piracy is much less preferred, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber frauds. Additionally, the Adware.Agent (A) popup alert might wrongly assert to be originating from a law enforcement institution as well as will report having situated youngster pornography or other illegal data on the gadget.
Adware.Agent (A) popup alert may falsely declare to be acquiring from a law enforcement organization and will certainly report having situated child porn or various other prohibited data on the device. The alert will likewise consist of a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 6B381805md5: 79d35c1fedc5bd292a9f2de9df9f6bb7name: upload_filesha1: 817d1a366ba014af172a5eed5c55ece8181815c1sha256: 23116fc1eec2da9db5fd9a850eaadf6a5f11a6dc5839feef08edece86bf4cbffsha512: 40d7b95fadb92aacd235dca34b2fdf0b549aca77d828bfa8fc5b82150860cba43a23dbe770a278bd824708b0845b87adeb2326e646a590ae378e2b8535ee0f63ssdeep: 24576:BbJbIGB3LHQTrk6ZcHz6GX6JZJObz6yqKVvv/INbE63Ocp43B2JE:BdIGB30TrLZcjX6JZJqzbrvz6ecp43Bltype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.InternalName: EDITOR.EXEFileVersion: 12.0.4518.1014CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationLegalTrademarks1: Microsoftxae is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.LegalTrademarks2: Windowsxae is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.ProductName: Microsoftxae Office Visioxae 2007ProductVersion: 12.0.4518.1014FileDescription: Microsoft code editorOriginalFilename: EDITOR.EXETranslation: 0x0000 0x04e4
Adware.Agent (A) also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00538d6f1 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00538d6f1 )|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Malicious PE|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
How to remove Adware.Agent (A) virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Adware.Agent (A) files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Adware.Agent (A) you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)
- GridinSoft Anti-Malware Review from HowToFix site: https://howtofix.guide/gridinsoft-anti-malware/
- More information about GridinSoft products: https://gridinsoft.com/products/