What is Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml infection?
In this post you will find the information about Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml and its negative impact on your computer. That virus can correctly be identified as hacktool.
In the majority of cases, you will not detect any suspicious activity on your PC. Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml is a typical example of print spoofer. These applications are used by cybercriminals to escalate the permissions of certain users on the local computer or in the computer network. After that action crooks can manage the whole network like they have the admin’s permissions.
These alterations can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Network activity detected but not expressed in API logs. Microsoft built an API solution right into its Windows operating system it reveals network activity for all apps and programs that ran on the computer in the past 30-days. This malware hides network activity.
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Exploiting the Windows vulnerabilities. Print spoofers, like Wacapew.C!ml, change several system configurations to give the user (or the PC) they launched on administrator rights.
The most common networks through which Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml virus is injected are:
- Email phishing
- Doubtful software
Email spamming became a very popular malware distribution method, since the users do not raise suspicion on notifications from DHL or Amazon about the incoming delivery. However, it is quite easy to distinguish the malevolent email from the original one. One which is send by a cybercriminals has a strange sender address – something like firstname.lastname@example.org, while the original email address has a specific domain name (@amazon.com or @dhl.us) and can also be seen on the official website in the “Contact us” tab.
Doubtful programs are spread as some sort of specific tools. Programs like KMSPico are used as activators for Windows, that allow you to use the system without purchasing the license. Viruses can be downloaded instead of the offered program, or even as a part of legit apps. You may use that tool without a thought about the malicious activity undercover. Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml can be spread together with the system optimizers or driver updaters.
Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml actions and effects.
This virus appears in different corners of the world, so you cannot be sure that you will not face it together. To understand that your computer has a Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml virus, you need to check the symptoms.
Main signs of Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml activity can easily be missed by inexperienced users. If you are not sure about the program you used or email attachment you checked last days, open the information about Windows account. The first sign of this virus activity is changing the account properties. For example, you had the simple user account. After the virus actions, you may see that your account type changed to Administrator.
File Info:crc32: CD838476md5: 56b3bd4f451e049b7da4b39a7355c8b8name: 56B3BD4F451E049B7DA4B39A7355C8B8.mlwsha1: 407418b43157c2f545cf888daedfa717400e97e9sha256: 722b0049fcf2bc6dbe3464bdf161733cc04821c6c722c99c61c276a201b7d526sha512: eadba381869902e97463cdb5e31fdd7c64cac8c610ffe1623c09ef2e68355c7b075766b3e1e4e664a5c007aa8cc51e4b84c2ebb1006cc26649014de8da4c4e9assdeep: 3072:HIY+Rv1oLc9ZLSN03aHukeCETaVZmcIb6R5t1jth0Yc0ftkwzkzSm4Zu:oB1yc9fKHFeCjqcDlxth0sZkztype: PE32 executable (DLL) (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.InternalName: appcmd.exeFileVersion: 7.5.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationProductName: Internet Information ServicesProductVersion: 7.5.7601.17514FileDescription: Application Server Command Line Admin ToolOriginalFilename: appcmd.exeTranslation: 0x0000 0x04b0
Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml also known as:
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7AntiVirus||Spyware ( 0040f0131 )|
|K7GW||Spyware ( 0040f0131 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/EncPk-APV|
|MAX||malware (ai score=84)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.HIHV|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
How to remove Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
The is an excellent way to deal with recognizing and removing threats – using Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. This program will scan your PC, find and neutralize all suspicious processes.2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When the setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml files and other malicious programs. This process can take 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in the right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you remove Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml, you can always ask me in the comments to get help.
User Review( votes)