“Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway” scam employs deceptive tactics, masquerading as a legitimate XRP airdrop organized by Ripple and its CEO. It spreads through misleading online advertisements and social media, promising victims substantial XRP rewards.
Once enticed by “Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway” scam, victims are directed to a fraudulent website, where they’re coerced into divulging personal information, cryptocurrency wallet details, or even making payments. This scam is a stark reminder of the dangers of online deception, emphasizing the need for vigilance and verification in the cryptocurrency space.
“Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway” Scam Overview
“Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway” scam promotes a deceptive giveaway. Scammers often employ websites with misleading pop-up messages or similar content to entice visitors into disclosing sensitive information, conducting financial transactions, or participating in other activities. This scam underscores the importance of exercising caution online, verifying the authenticity of offers, and staying informed to protect oneself from fraudulent cryptocurrency giveaways.
|Name||“Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway”|
|Threat Type||Phishing, Pop-up Scam, Social Engineering, Fraud|
|Detection||“Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway” pop-up Scam|
|Crypto Wallets Belonging To Scammers||rJ1ZcMbvEatx82j2d3vcvR7HcfLoWAjnu3 (XRP)|
|Symptoms||Fake error messages, fake system warnings, pop-up errors, hoax computer scan.|
|Distribution methods||Compromised websites, rogue online pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications.|
|Similar Behavior||“Apple Crypto Giveaway”, “Your Account Is Successfully Debited”, “Your Windows 10 is infected with viruses”, “Your computer is disabled. Please call Microsoft”|
|Damage||Loss of sensitive private information, monetary loss, identity theft, possible malware infections.|
How does “Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway” scam work?
“Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway” scam purports to be a colossal XRP airdrop organized by the Ripple Foundation, with Brad Garlinghouse, the CEO of Ripple, depicted as the mastermind behind it. It falsely promises that participants can claim a portion of 100,000,000 XRP by clicking on a link that appears official on the webpage.
The scam is meticulously crafted to instill a sense of urgency and excitement, conveying that this giveaway is a unique celebration meant to express gratitude to the community for its support. Nevertheless, it is crucial to recognize that this is a textbook example of a giveaway scam.
The provided link is likely to lead unsuspecting victims to a fraudulent website where they might be coerced into divulging personal information, including wallet login credentials, or even payment details. This places them at grave risk of identity theft, financial fraud, or other malevolent activities.
How serious is this?
The seriousness of this issue cannot be understated. These scams frequently pose as genuine cryptocurrency giveaways or promotions, leveraging the reputations of well-known figures and organizations to appear credible. They entice individuals with the prospect of substantial cryptocurrency rewards in exchange for clicking on links or disclosing personal information.
In truth, their primary objective is to pilfer personal information, cryptocurrency wallet credentials, or even funds from unsuspecting victims. Exercising extreme caution when encountering unsolicited offers and meticulously verifying the authenticity of such promotions through official channels is absolutely imperative to prevent becoming a victim of cryptocurrency giveaway scams.
Similar scam frequently originates from adware-infested sources. It’s crucial to be aware that these deceptive schemes often stem from adware and should prompt users to conduct thorough scans by antivirus like Gridinsoft Anti-Malware to safeguard their devices and personal information.
Remove Virus with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware
We have also been using this software on our systems ever since, and it has always been successful in detecting viruses. It has blocked the most common Adware as shown from our tests with the software, and we assure you that it can remove Virus as well as other malware hiding on your computer.
To use Gridinsoft for remove malicious threats, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by downloading Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, accessible via the blue button below or directly from the official website gridinsoft.com.
2.Once the Gridinsoft setup file (setup-gridinsoft-fix.exe) is downloaded, execute it by clicking on the file.
3.Follow the installation setup wizard's instructions diligently.
4. Access the "Scan Tab" on the application's start screen and launch a comprehensive "Full Scan" to examine your entire computer. This inclusive scan encompasses the memory, startup items, the registry, services, drivers, and all files, ensuring that it detects malware hidden in all possible locations.
Be patient, as the scan duration depends on the number of files and your computer's hardware capabilities. Use this time to relax or attend to other tasks.
5. Upon completion, Anti-Malware will present a detailed report containing all the detected malicious items and threats on your PC.
6. Select all the identified items from the report and confidently click the "Clean Now" button. This action will safely remove the malicious files from your computer, transferring them to the secure quarantine zone of the anti-malware program to prevent any further harmful actions.
8. If prompted, restart your computer to finalize the full system scan procedure. This step is crucial to ensure thorough removal of any remaining threats. After the restart, Gridinsoft Anti-Malware will open and display a message confirming the completion of the scan.
Remember Gridinsoft offers a 6-day free trial. This means you can take advantage of the trial period at no cost to experience the full benefits of the software and prevent any future malware infections on your system. Embrace this opportunity to fortify your computer's security without any financial commitment.
Trojan Killer for “Virus” removal on locked PC
In situations where it becomes impossible to download antivirus applications directly onto the infected computer due to malware blocking access to websites, an alternative solution is to utilize the Trojan Killer application.
There is a really little number of security tools that are able to be set up on the USB drives, and antiviruses that can do so in most cases require to obtain quite an expensive license. For this instance, I can recommend you to use another solution of GridinSoft - Trojan Killer Portable. It has a 14-days cost-free trial mode that offers the entire features of the paid version. This term will definitely be 100% enough to wipe malware out.
Trojan Killer is a valuable tool in your cybersecurity arsenal, helping you to effectively remove malware from infected computers. Now, we will walk you through the process of using Trojan Killer from a USB flash drive to scan and remove malware on an infected PC. Remember, always obtain permission to scan and remove malware from a computer that you do not own.
Step 1: Download & Install Trojan Killer on a Clean Computer:
1. Go to the official GridinSoft website (gridinsoft.com) and download Trojan Killer to a computer that is not infected.
2. Insert a USB flash drive into this computer.
3. Install Trojan Killer to the "removable drive" following the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch Trojan Killer.
Step 2: Update Signature Databases:
5. After launching Trojan Killer, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
6. Click "Update" icon to download the latest signature databases, which will ensure the tool can detect the most recent threats.
Step 3: Scan the Infected PC:
7. Safely eject the USB flash drive from the clean computer.
8. Boot the infected computer to the Safe Mode.
9. Insert the USB flash drive.
10. Run tk.exe
11. Once the program is open, click on "Full Scan" to begin the malware scanning process.
Step 4: Remove Found Threats:
12. After the scan is complete, Trojan Killer will display a list of detected threats.
13. Click on "Cure PC!" to remove the identified malware from the infected PC.
14. Follow any additional on-screen prompts to complete the removal process.
Step 5: Restart Your Computer:
15. Once the threats are removed, click on "Restart PC" to reboot your computer.
16. Remove the USB flash drive from the infected computer.
Congratulations on effectively removing Virus and the concealed threats from your computer! You can now have peace of mind, knowing that they won't resurface again. Thanks to Gridinsoft's capabilities and commitment to cybersecurity, your system is now protected.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Reformatting your storage device should only be considered as a last resort for removing Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway malware. Prior to taking such drastic action, it is advisable to perform a comprehensive scan using trustworthy antivirus or anti-malware software.
Malware poses a significant risk to the security and privacy of sensitive information, potentially leading to identity theft, financial loss, and unauthorized access to personal accounts. Furthermore, it can disrupt the normal operation of a system, causing performance issues, system crashes, and data corruption.
The purpose of “Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway” scam is to enable remote access and control of compromised devices. It allows threat actors to perform various malicious activities, such as unauthorized access, data theft, system manipulation, and disabling security measures, potentially causing significant harm to individuals and organizations.
Gridinsoft Anti-Malware has the ability to identify and eliminate most malware infections. Nevertheless, it is crucial to recognize that sophisticated malware can remain hidden deep within the system. Consequently, conducting a complete system scan is imperative to detect and eradicate malware.
How to Remove "Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway" scam
Name: Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway
Description: The "Brad Garlinghouse Crypto Giveaway" scam is a cunning scheme that proliferates through deceptive online ads and social media posts. It impersonates a legitimate XRP airdrop, with promises of substantial rewards. Once lured in, victims are redirected to a bogus website where they're coerced into divulging sensitive personal information, cryptocurrency wallet credentials, or even making payments. This scam underscores the importance of exercising caution online, verifying the authenticity of offers, and staying informed to protect oneself from fraudulent cryptocurrency giveaways. Stay vigilant to prevent falling victim to this online deception.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Malware
User Review( votes)