What is Win32/Kryptik.GHMU infection?
In this short article you will certainly find concerning the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.GHMU as well as its negative effect on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by on-line fraudulences to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
In the majority of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.GHMU ransomware will certainly advise its targets to start funds move for the objective of neutralizing the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the sufferer’s device.
These adjustments can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via function name;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Attempts to identify installed analysis tools by a known file location;
- Checks for the presence of known devices from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key;
- Detects Sandboxie using a known mutex;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings. This trick used for inject malware into connection between browser and server;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Checks for a known DeepFreeze Frozen State Mutex;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the files found on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing regular access to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most normal networks where Win32/Kryptik.GHMU Ransomware Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a consequence of individual ending up on a resource that organizes a malicious software program;
As quickly as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or protect against the device from functioning in a correct way – while likewise positioning a ransom money note that mentions the need for the targets to effect the repayment for the purpose of decrypting the files or restoring the data system back to the first condition. In most instances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the customer reboots the COMPUTER after the system has already been damaged.
Win32/Kryptik.GHMU distribution channels.
In numerous edges of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GHMU expands by jumps and bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and methods of obtaining the ransom amount may vary relying on particular neighborhood (local) settings. The ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom quantity might differ depending on certain neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty alerts concerning unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the victim’s device. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements concerning illegal web content.
In nations where software piracy is less preferred, this technique is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Win32/Kryptik.GHMU popup alert may incorrectly declare to be originating from a law enforcement establishment and will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or other prohibited data on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.GHMU popup alert might falsely assert to be obtaining from a law enforcement institution and also will report having situated youngster pornography or other prohibited information on the device. The alert will similarly include a need for the user to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 0D620B3Amd5: 4bd4b51a27dadeaddeebb855c60e3581name: 4BD4B51A27DADEADDEEBB855C60E3581.mlwsha1: 853dccbe1aa8c0e139dcf4f127635ee5887dc296sha256: 7503b5e68fb21ecfb4a6e583da70a6a8dc4781f82c5206abd9d4404c4873d3f6sha512: 0297f28cd8c763384b944ae99081bc983401f014a6690f665e2be25a49d49f81eff1387e05bc1aa878ad96c8b6e4bf05c41d9195d5c12e0a2f4167e33a64b24bssdeep: 3072:E0IUs4ISh5vKiaWM1CIG54Fdso9k5k3udBrbMUQsFdlYx6d689ScynJ+/jzXPIA:E0Ij4Dh5yvd1CL2FdJ9k51dx/Qs3CYdtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GHMU also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 00533af31 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 00533af31 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GHMU|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/GandCrab-D|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=85)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GHMU ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GHMU files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GHMU you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)