What is Win32/Kryptik.GCQO infection?
In this article you will discover about the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.GCQO and its negative effect on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by online fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a victim.
Most of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.GCQO infection will certainly instruct its sufferers to initiate funds move for the purpose of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has introduced to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection (inter-process);
- Injection (Process Hollowing);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library;
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Ciphering the papers located on the victim’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most typical networks through which Win32/Kryptik.GCQO Ransomware Trojans are infused are:
- By ways of phishing emails;
- As a consequence of customer ending up on a source that organizes a harmful software application;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the victim’s computer or avoid the gadget from working in a proper way – while additionally positioning a ransom note that points out the requirement for the targets to impact the repayment for the function of decrypting the records or restoring the data system back to the first problem. In most instances, the ransom money note will certainly turn up when the client reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.GCQO circulation networks.
In various corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GCQO expands by jumps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money quantity might differ depending on certain neighborhood (local) setups. The ransom money notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom quantity might vary depending on certain regional (regional) settings.
As an example:
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software.
In particular areas, the Trojans usually wrongfully report having actually detected some unlicensed applications enabled on the sufferer’s gadget. The alert after that demands the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations about illegal content.
In nations where software program piracy is much less preferred, this technique is not as reliable for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.GCQO popup alert may incorrectly claim to be originating from a police organization as well as will certainly report having situated youngster pornography or other prohibited data on the device.
Win32/Kryptik.GCQO popup alert may incorrectly declare to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located kid pornography or other prohibited data on the tool. The alert will in a similar way include a demand for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: E64D72DEmd5: 09fb2a73f5e3d477b156e72eefeeac1bname: 09FB2A73F5E3D477B156E72EEFEEAC1B.mlwsha1: 7a4c46f1a7e50a2e3c474a678b4b1cba4f9c0537sha256: 7dfd79e01882f1fa3eb40f56cc3f978b3d0e324b99b520fe71afdb115384fec7sha512: 562cf00ac75b2b38a8267d60b52d8740cc8eed2bd0c4ae0259dc31e1ae7a3328c76e24ff3f806ad7dc40fc2c783ba9d9f37f20d309446060de0e70cc17b98b1bssdeep: 3072:QcWlbMGY/+maIlMc4YIQPFIdxryO+d/wkrSDJrqXrxrl:QXK/8IfnPKdkz/XrDtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GCQO also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0053305e1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GCQO|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Kryptik-BL|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=89)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCQO virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GCQO files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCQO you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)