What is Win32/Kryptik.GCCR infection?
In this post you will certainly find about the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.GCCR and its adverse influence on your computer system. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line scams to require paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
In the majority of the cases, Win32/Kryptik.GCCR virus will certainly advise its victims to launch funds move for the purpose of counteracting the changes that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the target’s device.
These alterations can be as complies with:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.;
- A process created a hidden window;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to delete volume shadow copies;
- Modifies boot configuration settings;
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior;
- Likely virus infection of existing system binary;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
- Ciphering the files situated on the sufferer’s disk drive — so the victim can no more utilize the data;
- Preventing regular accessibility to the sufferer’s workstation;
The most common channels where Win32/Kryptik.GCCR are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a source that organizes a destructive software application;
As soon as the Trojan is efficiently infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the target’s computer or protect against the device from operating in a proper fashion – while additionally placing a ransom money note that mentions the need for the sufferers to impact the repayment for the objective of decrypting the records or recovering the data system back to the first problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom note will certainly come up when the client reboots the COMPUTER after the system has actually already been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.GCCR distribution networks.
In various edges of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.GCCR expands by leaps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount might vary depending on specific local (regional) settings. The ransom notes and also methods of extorting the ransom money amount might vary depending on particular neighborhood (regional) settings.
Faulty informs about unlicensed software application.
In specific areas, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s device. The alert after that demands the individual to pay the ransom money.
Faulty statements regarding prohibited material.
In countries where software program piracy is less popular, this technique is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Win32/Kryptik.GCCR popup alert might incorrectly assert to be stemming from a police organization and also will certainly report having situated child pornography or other illegal data on the device.
Win32/Kryptik.GCCR popup alert might incorrectly declare to be deriving from a legislation enforcement institution and also will certainly report having located child porn or other illegal data on the device. The alert will in a similar way include a demand for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: C466B67Dmd5: 81eacf44ab05cc1e27e0c5f22e9502dename: 81EACF44AB05CC1E27E0C5F22E9502DE.mlwsha1: cf7813240fced0ea11fdcc79d17d1e6c9cebbcd6sha256: e8d49cf26d8fe40dd58eff871becd54d22055af26c3bfb74b28acd15a4ad93b0sha512: 89cb555372414e146d7e21b0e30c1147e440d53eada96de35e0d10eaf244452d358ea42c453508879f23571b70299d7fe273b524ff56c26fd81a28f2656e0a4bssdeep: 12288:6CqBsbphfGGWBlXvMLP6yxfvL+8gN/wouiMD:6CqEvfZKlXvMuyxfD+8gpwouvtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.GCCR also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005248c81 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005248c81 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.GCCR|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=98)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCCR virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.GCCR files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.GCCR you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)