What is Win32/Kryptik.FOLC infection?
In this short article you will discover concerning the meaning of Win32/Kryptik.FOLC and its unfavorable influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is elaborated by on-line scams to demand paying the ransom money by a target.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the instances, Win32/Kryptik.FOLC infection will instruct its targets to launch funds move for the objective of reducing the effects of the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (2 unique times);
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- A process created a hidden window;
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Queries information on disks for anti-virtualization via Device Information APIs;
- Deletes its original binary from disk;
- Sniffs keystrokes;
- A system process is generating network traffic likely as a result of process injection;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Creates a slightly modified copy of itself;
- Anomalous binary characteristics. This is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Ciphering the files found on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the target can no longer use the data;
- Preventing regular access to the sufferer’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
The most regular networks where Win32/Kryptik.FOLC Ransomware are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a consequence of individual winding up on a resource that hosts a malicious software;
As quickly as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s computer or protect against the device from functioning in a proper way – while additionally placing a ransom note that states the requirement for the sufferers to effect the settlement for the objective of decrypting the records or bring back the file system back to the first condition. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom money note will certainly come up when the client restarts the PC after the system has currently been harmed.
Win32/Kryptik.FOLC distribution channels.
In various corners of the globe, Win32/Kryptik.FOLC grows by jumps as well as bounds. Nonetheless, the ransom notes as well as tricks of obtaining the ransom money amount might differ relying on certain neighborhood (regional) setups. The ransom money notes and also methods of obtaining the ransom quantity may vary depending on certain local (local) settings.
Faulty informs concerning unlicensed software program.
In certain areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having spotted some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the sufferer’s gadget. The sharp after that demands the individual to pay the ransom.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited content.
In countries where software piracy is much less preferred, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Win32/Kryptik.FOLC popup alert might falsely assert to be stemming from a police organization as well as will certainly report having located youngster porn or other illegal information on the tool.
Win32/Kryptik.FOLC popup alert may wrongly claim to be acquiring from a regulation enforcement establishment as well as will certainly report having situated child pornography or various other unlawful data on the gadget. The alert will in a similar way have a need for the individual to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: 2E4F201Amd5: b0835cb42dff8cfa1ba9535ce391077cname: B0835CB42DFF8CFA1BA9535CE391077C.mlwsha1: 1d736b897a9cffba40c735a31ed5ac8106fe7a84sha256: f145a6967d528d21485e65842fca909ea53e491317366cafef60f470ddda77e7sha512: 3da1a00a534e7f89fb0cad36d946ad6d0b0d3573679cd7b74260baa81df0025b252a1c35433594cbbeb7145bcb7eb952b47f4afee612b8d70a5b7a9846e16588ssdeep: 6144:8gsF5gwf5rxb7yjB5u1xF0vOTO0xmCb5AUlizpE601RwB:8gsF5g4yB5uHTOGmsEzpEzitype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:0: [No Data]
Win32/Kryptik.FOLC also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0052ef101 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005057a01 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Kryptik.FOLC|
|Sophos||ML/PE-A + Mal/Elenoocka-E|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
How to remove Win32/Kryptik.FOLC virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Win32/Kryptik.FOLC files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Win32/Kryptik.FOLC you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)