What is Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A infection?
In this post you will certainly discover about the definition of Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A and also its adverse impact on your computer system. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is specified by online fraudulences to demand paying the ransom by a target.
Most of the cases, Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A infection will instruct its targets to initiate funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually introduced to the sufferer’s tool.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Drops a binary and executes it. Trojan-Downloader installs itself to the system and waits until an Internet connection becomes available to connect to a remote server or website in order to download additional malware onto the infected computer.
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Code injection with CreateRemoteThread in a remote process;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Installs WinPCAP;
- Ciphering the documents situated on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the victim can no longer make use of the data;
- Preventing normal accessibility to the victim’s workstation;
The most regular networks through which Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A are injected are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of user ending up on a source that organizes a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or protect against the tool from working in a proper manner – while also placing a ransom money note that states the need for the targets to effect the settlement for the function of decrypting the records or restoring the data system back to the first problem. In the majority of instances, the ransom money note will show up when the client restarts the COMPUTER after the system has already been harmed.
Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A distribution channels.
In various corners of the world, Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A expands by jumps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes as well as methods of obtaining the ransom quantity may vary relying on specific regional (local) settings. The ransom money notes and also techniques of obtaining the ransom money quantity might vary depending on particular local (local) settings.
Faulty informs regarding unlicensed software.
In particular locations, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having actually discovered some unlicensed applications made it possible for on the target’s device. The sharp after that demands the customer to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations about illegal web content.
In nations where software application piracy is less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber scams. Conversely, the Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A popup alert may incorrectly declare to be stemming from a law enforcement establishment and will certainly report having located youngster pornography or other prohibited information on the gadget.
Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A popup alert might incorrectly declare to be obtaining from a legislation enforcement institution and will report having situated kid pornography or other prohibited information on the device. The alert will likewise contain a need for the customer to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 98FD2501md5: 74e0c2e81223207250c956b5e1ffc32fname: 74E0C2E81223207250C956B5E1FFC32F.mlwsha1: 4ff475aa438a62925d6b7b3cbc07ac94709c90d8sha256: 5dddfe5d17efd24d87a55336ceac1ece921ee3c17e82023509d2f70af4d2ad08sha512: e7a1f183a1112bd24640b096b5eaa715a1e94b2b8a5c779eed7ad8c1fd7142973fa21e2cd81158719b89f13f76778886b54ccab0f41140e3f1e7c85f68c1b407ssdeep: 49152:2I7K0lgtuitMlB0kJo0t77hpyIpZNXahIuP0X:2V4i+fDdPZpaSm0Xtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.InternalName: Wextract FileVersion: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)CompanyName: Microsoft CorporationProductName: Microsoftxae Windowsxae Operating SystemProductVersion: 6.00.2900.2180FileDescription: Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor OriginalFilename: WEXTRACT.EXE Translation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Adware ( 004bc5671 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Malicious SFX|
|MAX||malware (ai score=99)|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.A you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)