What is Generik.HWZQLQI infection?
In this article you will find regarding the meaning of Generik.HWZQLQI as well as its negative impact on your computer. Such ransomware are a kind of malware that is elaborated by on the internet scams to demand paying the ransom by a sufferer.
Most of the cases, Generik.HWZQLQI infection will certainly advise its victims to initiate funds move for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has presented to the target’s gadget.
These modifications can be as follows:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Attempts to modify Internet Explorer’s start page;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable System Restore. System Restore function – allows you to revert the computer’s state (system files, applications, and system settings) to that of a previous point in time, which can be used to recover after a virus attack.
- The sample wrote data to the system hosts file.;
- Ciphering the documents found on the sufferer’s hard drive — so the victim can no more make use of the data;
- Preventing routine accessibility to the victim’s workstation. This is the typical behavior of a virus called locker. It blocks access to the computer until the victim pays the ransom.
One of the most regular channels whereby Generik.HWZQLQI are infused are:
- By means of phishing e-mails;
- As a repercussion of customer winding up on a source that organizes a malicious software program;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will certainly either cipher the information on the victim’s computer or protect against the gadget from functioning in a correct way – while additionally positioning a ransom money note that discusses the demand for the victims to impact the settlement for the function of decrypting the papers or bring back the documents system back to the preliminary condition. In most instances, the ransom note will certainly turn up when the customer reboots the PC after the system has actually currently been harmed.
Generik.HWZQLQI distribution channels.
In different corners of the world, Generik.HWZQLQI grows by leaps and bounds. However, the ransom money notes and methods of extorting the ransom amount may differ depending on particular regional (regional) settings. The ransom money notes as well as tricks of extorting the ransom amount may differ depending on specific local (regional) setups.
Faulty signals concerning unlicensed software.
In specific areas, the Trojans frequently wrongfully report having detected some unlicensed applications allowed on the target’s tool. The sharp then requires the user to pay the ransom.
Faulty statements regarding unlawful web content.
In nations where software piracy is much less prominent, this approach is not as efficient for the cyber fraudulences. Conversely, the Generik.HWZQLQI popup alert may incorrectly declare to be originating from a law enforcement institution and also will report having located youngster porn or various other unlawful information on the gadget.
Generik.HWZQLQI popup alert might wrongly declare to be acquiring from a legislation enforcement establishment and also will certainly report having located kid pornography or various other illegal data on the gadget. The alert will similarly contain a need for the individual to pay the ransom.
File Info:crc32: 0FCAF08Emd5: bba059602fc118c07b8cb800907e3bd0name: BBA059602FC118C07B8CB800907E3BD0.mlwsha1: b28d00959103817fabd66eb8e353073abd4a1b7csha256: 8fbe0b8663e3ed703005bbf53590242cef8b8163caf3a35880a4a4df3d66bdadsha512: 8ff69fa392672bec35d9324895dca8d82b783fd37f54823432cdf228ce3589c65ecd0677d6ee26fdd66356a940dbd63e7a9c46a73f4ee783df1e35f4b1adba01ssdeep: 3072:5SzIHGy9MnLm9MLL39MoL89MFLV9MGL+/uM/dMj/X4MC/XxMZ/XTMs/X3MD/XsM:rHBHqsSrLUOjucH87type: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386 Mono/.Net assembly, for MS Windows
Version Info:Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 Microsoft 2011Assembly Version: 126.96.36.199InternalName: tasksystem.exeFileVersion: 188.8.131.52CompanyName: MicrosoftLegalTrademarks: MicrosoftComments: System FileProductName: tasksystemProductVersion: 184.108.40.206FileDescription: tasksystemOriginalFilename: tasksystem.exe
Generik.HWZQLQI also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 85)|
|K7GW||Riskware ( 0040eff71 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.HWZQLQI|
|MAX||malware (ai score=96)|
How to remove Generik.HWZQLQI virus?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Generik.HWZQLQI files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Generik.HWZQLQI you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)