What is Generik.DFPONRH infection?
In this post you will locate about the definition of Generik.DFPONRH and its negative influence on your computer. Such ransomware are a type of malware that is clarified by online scams to demand paying the ransom money by a victim.
It is better to prevent, than repair and repent!
Most of the instances, Generik.DFPONRH ransomware will certainly instruct its targets to initiate funds transfer for the objective of counteracting the amendments that the Trojan infection has actually presented to the target’s gadget.
These alterations can be as adheres to:
- Executable code extraction. Cybercriminals often use binary packers to hinder the malicious code from reverse-engineered by malware analysts. A packer is a tool that compresses, encrypts, and modifies a malicious file’s format. Sometimes packers can be used for legitimate ends, for example, to protect a program against cracking or copying.
- Mimics the system’s user agent string for its own requests;
- Creates RWX memory. There is a security trick with memory regions that allows an attacker to fill a buffer with a shellcode and then execute it. Filling a buffer with shellcode isn’t a big deal, it’s just data. The problem arises when the attacker is able to control the instruction pointer (EIP), usually by corrupting a function’s stack frame using a stack-based buffer overflow, and then changing the flow of execution by assigning this pointer to the address of the shellcode.
- Reads data out of its own binary image. The trick that allows the malware to read data out of your computer’s memory.
Everything you run, type, or click on your computer goes through the memory. This includes passwords, bank account numbers, emails, and other confidential information. With this vulnerability, there is the potential for a malicious program to read that data.
- Performs some HTTP requests;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data. In this case, encryption is a way of hiding virus’ code from antiviruses and virus’ analysts.
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Enumerates services, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools;
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time. This significantly complicates the work of the virus analyzer. Typical malware tactics!
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config;
- Mimics the file times of a Windows system file;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup. There is simple tactic using the Windows startup folder located at:
C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup. Shortcut links (.lnk extension) placed in this folder will cause Windows to launch the application each time [user-name] logs into Windows.
The registry run keys perform the same action, and can be located in different locations:
- Creates a hidden or system file. The malware adds the hidden attribute to every file and folder on your system, so it appears as if everything has been deleted from your hard drive.
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Checks the presence of disk drives in the registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Collects information to fingerprint the system. There are behavioral human characteristics that can be used to digitally identify a person to grant access to systems, devices, or data. Unlike passwords and verification codes, fingerprints are fundamental parts of user’s identities. Among the threats blocked on biometric data processing and storage systems is spyware, the malware used in phishing attacks (mostly spyware downloaders and droppers), ransomware, and Banking Trojans as posing the greatest danger.
- Ciphering the documents found on the sufferer’s hard disk — so the sufferer can no longer use the data;
- Preventing routine access to the sufferer’s workstation;
One of the most typical channels through which Generik.DFPONRH Trojans are injected are:
- By methods of phishing e-mails. Email phishing is a cyber attack that uses disguised email as a goal is to trick the recipient into believing that the message is something they want or need — a request from their bank, for instance, or a note from someone in their company — and to click a link for download a malware.
- As a repercussion of user winding up on a source that organizes a destructive software program;
As soon as the Trojan is successfully infused, it will either cipher the data on the sufferer’s PC or prevent the device from functioning in a correct way – while likewise positioning a ransom note that mentions the need for the targets to impact the repayment for the function of decrypting the documents or restoring the file system back to the first problem. In the majority of circumstances, the ransom note will show up when the customer restarts the PC after the system has currently been damaged.
Generik.DFPONRH circulation networks.
In numerous edges of the globe, Generik.DFPONRH grows by jumps and also bounds. However, the ransom notes as well as methods of extorting the ransom quantity might vary depending upon certain local (local) setups. The ransom notes and techniques of extorting the ransom money quantity might vary depending on specific local (regional) setups.
Faulty signals regarding unlicensed software program.
In specific locations, the Trojans commonly wrongfully report having actually spotted some unlicensed applications enabled on the target’s device. The alert after that requires the user to pay the ransom money.
Faulty declarations regarding prohibited content.
In nations where software program piracy is much less popular, this approach is not as effective for the cyber fraudulences. Alternatively, the Generik.DFPONRH popup alert might wrongly assert to be originating from a police organization and also will report having located youngster pornography or various other unlawful information on the device.
Generik.DFPONRH popup alert may incorrectly claim to be obtaining from a regulation enforcement institution and will report having situated child pornography or other prohibited data on the device. The alert will likewise have a demand for the customer to pay the ransom money.
File Info:crc32: B11E474Cmd5: 0114dfd87ee6fa9dda15859ede75db15name: 0114DFD87EE6FA9DDA15859EDE75DB15.mlwsha1: 039690c76f4435d475cbfd3321bf1f8152a5d345sha256: 19a672df2ec515251e1583c96d45ca09d1ee62e78ac1887e1882063dffdf2371sha512: c41fba11c73aa594957a9541a6c6a3f6267c059d562da4c1c39b172b2635df9a6adf3594ae3a27056c339184c154a84d1a81c008a3549e579c8cce0336c12960ssdeep: 6144:uirevMI5JHQZ2iZd9V24dtlWivtlelk+7Q14YScb4naWG:uirelIdbdtlBYk+7GS+RWGtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 pdfforge GmbH. Copyright (c) 2006-2014 FileVersion: 22.214.171.1245CompanyName: xa9 pdfforge GmbH.FileDescription: Notably Published PptpLegalTrademarks: xa9 pdfforge GmbH. Copyright (c) 2006-2014 Comments: Notably Published PptpProductName: Mongex2019s RckingProductVersion: 126.96.36.1995PrivateBuild: 188.8.131.525OriginalFilename: Mongex2019s Rcking.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Generik.DFPONRH also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 0052d5fb1 )|
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 0052d5fb1 )|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.DFPONRH|
|SentinelOne||Static AI – Suspicious PE|
|MAX||malware (ai score=76)|
How to remove Generik.DFPONRH ransomware?
Unwanted application has ofter come with other viruses and spyware. This threats can steal account credentials, or crypt your documents for ransom.
Reasons why I would recommend GridinSoft1
There is no better way to recognize, remove and prevent PC threats than to use an anti-malware software from GridinSoft2.
Download GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
You can download GridinSoft Anti-Malware by clicking the button below:
Run the setup file.
When setup file has finished downloading, double-click on the setup-antimalware-fix.exe file to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware on your system.
An User Account Control asking you about to allow GridinSoft Anti-Malware to make changes to your device. So, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
Press “Install” button.
Once installed, Anti-Malware will automatically run.
Wait for the Anti-Malware scan to complete.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will automatically start scanning your system for Generik.DFPONRH files and other malicious programs. This process can take a 20-30 minutes, so I suggest you periodically check on the status of the scan process.
Click on “Clean Now”.
When the scan has finished, you will see the list of infections that GridinSoft Anti-Malware has detected. To remove them click on the “Clean Now” button in right corner.
Are Your Protected?
GridinSoft Anti-Malware will scan and clean your PC for free in the trial period. The free version offer real-time protection for first 2 days. If you want to be fully protected at all times – I can recommended you to purchase a full version:
If the guide doesn’t help you to remove Generik.DFPONRH you can always ask me in the comments for getting help.
User Review( votes)